Wanted: Driver/rider to share trip to Yellowstone in July - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Maintenance | Restoration | Modifications | Problem Solving > Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-09-2013, 09:28 AM   #21

Name: Brooke
Trailer: U Haul CT13
California
I don't get why you need someone to help drive!

You are towing a small TT, so towing is easy, when you get tired you can sleep in it, Yellowstone isn't that far from Vegas, and you will have a lot of company when you get there!
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:04 PM   #22

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2013 Scamp 13'w/Bathroom
Nevada
Yes tents ARE allowed in Yellowstone AND no, I'm not looking for a "Caregiver". AND no Yellowstone is NOT close to Las Vegas ......it's over 800 miles away. To give you the "punch line"......I'm REALLY looking for a partner that I can "OUTRUN" in case of bear attack!!!! Keep looking for me kids.
lvgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:56 PM   #23

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
So one would know if they were to become Bear Bait, how fast can your wife run????

BTW: Las Vegas to West Yellowstone = 739 miles per mapquest, unless you want to take "Scenic" route US 93, then it's 806 miles

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:09 PM   #24

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
we watched "craigslist joe" on netflix a while back----perhaps the OP brian also saw that movie and is a supreme optimist

me---i am neither that trusting, nor that optimistic....and i read his post and thought---is this some kind of joke??

i guess it's not a joke because it's not funny....and jokes are supposed to be funny. or at least amusing. this is just scary.
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:56 PM   #25

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
Yikes! Perhaps you will receive a response by private message, Gator. Good luck.

jack
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:44 PM   #26

Nevada
Thanks to all who commented on my request for a driver/rider. I was serious in the fact that a 2nd driver /companion would be nice. I've not been to Yellowstone nor the Grand Tetons before, thought that I could take photos and absorb more scenery as a co-pilot. I was in a diving accident which left my back and neck messed up.....so long trips are painful. Thought that maybe a Forum member might know of an outdoor type person that could not afford a trip like this but could earn their passage by driving. Keep looking......
Brian "Gator" Johnson
Old 04-11-2013, 06:02 PM   #27

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
I take this as a serious request, and would consider doing it if I was in that part of the country. As to answering requests for help on craigslist, I answered a request for help from a young single mother who needed help in repairing her popup camper. After a few emails, and phone calls we met in a public location. I told her to bring someone with her for her safety, and she brought her cousin Jim. I took her trailer, repaired it, and took just enough money to cover the parts. Main issue is she was able to now take her kids camping. Brian, hope you can make your trip, and I wasn't trying to be a smartass about tents being not allowed, I just thought I had heard that somewhere. Bob
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:13 PM   #28

Nevada
Thanks Bob. You did a good deed helping the young lady with her popup. Hope that I can help someone else enjoy our National Parks this summer. Wish that you were on the West Coast.
Brian "Gator" Johnson

Tags
moved from admin area