Warped Scamp Door - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2006, 03:04 PM   #21

Trailer: Scamp
The water in the door is caused by a leaking door window. I cut my door open, replaced the raunchy material with wood & installed a new window(I used the one used on the new Scamps) Scamp went to this window because the old windows that opened leaked causing the door problems..........Don Meyer
Don Meyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 02:42 PM   #22

We repaired our warped Scamp door by drilling through the ridge on the side of the couch seat and through the door frame by the hinge and inserting a truss head screw with a flanged nut. We also put another screw about 4 inches back from the door. We had tried using wire as suggested in another post which helped some but not enough. The 2 screws pulled the side in and straightened the door right out.
JeannetteAkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 03:25 PM   #23

Name: Dan
Minnesota
Scamp has had a picture of how they build the Scamp door on their web site for quite some time:

http://www.scamptrailers.com/images/...lery_41_06.jpg

Or go to www.scamptrailers.com and click on Rebuilding Scamp, then More Pictures.

Understanding how the door is built may provide ideas for better repairs.

-- Dan Meyer
Dan Meyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 04:14 PM   #24

Name: Jan
Trailer: Burro
Missouri
Mine is a 78 Burro - just bought it this summer and Iím working on my door and fan vent. This forum has provided tons of information on how toís etc I do not have the ability to do all this sawing, drilling, bending to fix my very out of wack door. Not to mention hinge and door lock issues. Doesnít anyone make new ones? I love my little Burro so want to get it fixed so I can go without leaks. Still researching.
Jakapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 04:55 PM   #25

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakapp View Post
Mine is a 78 Burro - just bought it this summer and I’m working on my door and fan vent. This forum has provided tons of information on how to’s etc I do not have the ability to do all this sawing, drilling, bending to fix my very out of wack door. Not to mention hinge and door lock issues. Doesn’t anyone make new ones? I love my little Burro so want to get it fixed so I can go without leaks. Still researching.
No one is making new doors.This is a situation of finding someone who can do the repairs or learning how to do it yourself by using the advice from people who have already fixed their doors.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 05:26 PM   #26

Name: Jan
Trailer: Burro
Missouri
Thatís what I figured. I will give it a go. Iíve started getting all the goop off the edges and will use some of these suggestions. Trial and error. I will be learning how to fiberglass. Thanks all.
Jakapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 09:24 PM   #27

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
AND, you have checked the two documents in the Document Center that address fixing 'aircraft door' issues right? Good documentation. Doesn't matter whether a Scamp or Boler door, issues maybe the same and not brand specific: Fiberglass RV - Document Center - Exterior
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp