Water connection advice. - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2018, 05:56 AM   #41

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burro1 View Post
We have both of those two ports on the outside of our Burro. one was standard the other I added when I put in the second tank. I tried filling through the single port but the flow through the 3/8” supply line to the new tank was very slow so I put in a Second filler port
does any know of a tank supplier who makes a larger diameter connection at the bottom of the tank? there is a half inch one but still not quite enough.

Thoughts?
The tank suppliers will do put in whatever sized fittings you want in the locations you specify. It does cost more to have it done that way versus getting an off-the-shelf model. You can also purchase some grommet like rubber fittings for a DIY project. If there is a marine store near by they may stock the fittings. I have no problem getting them in Seattle.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 07:35 AM   #42

Name: Cliff
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jann Todd View Post
Hooking to city water should not fill your tank. If it is happening you have a problem. After all the city fill is after the pump and the pump should stop the water from going into your tank. Your pump may be faulty or there's a valve to close which is unlikely. I ran into that once in a larger class A motorhome but not since.
Question was if you connect hose to fresh water tank would that be ok. No it wouldn't be.
Cliff Hotchkiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 09:31 PM   #43

Name: Jann
Trailer: Casita
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by skedius View Post
Do they make a hose fitting that connects to this, or are you supposed to just stick the hose inside?
We bought an adapter that is a clear tube about 10 inches long on a hose bib. Screw the bib onto hose and put clear tube into tank filler. It prevents the burping problem and fills the tank quickly. These are available at RV supply stores and some Walmarts. We have not had any problem filling our tank since.
Jann Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 06:04 AM   #44

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
We bought an adapter that is a clear tube about 10 inches long on a hose bib. ...
This I guess.. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000IZSB2Q

Pretty much standard RV equipment.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 12:10 PM   #45

Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
Quote:
We bought an adapter that is a clear tube about 10 inches long on a hose bib. Screw the bib onto hose and put clear tube into tank filler. It prevents the burping problem and fills the tank quickly. These are available at RV supply stores and some Walmarts. We have not had any problem filling our tank since.
needed one of these on our Casita, haven't had any issues not using it on the Escape, both campers have the same filler fittings. go figger. I can just stick the hose's brass threaded end into the fill fitting, weight of the hose holds it in place, and turn the water up quite high, and the tank nicely fills. when the water spits out the vent next to the filler, shut the water off, voila, full tank.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote