Water from a Haws faucet - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2020, 05:23 AM   #1

Name: Steve
Trailer: Bigfoot
California
Water from a Haws faucet

I have one of the push on hose connectors that work with a Haws, model 6252 EH, bib faucet. Does anyone have a good way of keeping the hose connected without having to stand there and pull it onto the hose bib?
Igo96047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 09:58 AM   #2

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
Those tapered hose bibs are, as Jon Bonjovi said, “slippery when wet”. Since the Forest service in some places has signs warning not to use them, and concessionaire campground operators have golf cart driving camp hosts with owl like hearing and traceable Eva Braun DNA, I haven’t tried a good wide screw type heater hose clamp. I depend on a quick getaway, camouflage hose and lightning fast reflexes. But maybe a good hose clamp would work.
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 04:59 PM   #3

Name: Shelby
Trailer: Casita SD
Tennessee
Yep, pretty good indication an attached hose was not intended.... That said, a heavy duty zip tie might work. Snip it off when the theft is completed.
ShelbyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 05:08 PM   #4

Name: Kenneth
Trailer: Scamp
Wisconsin
Registry
Haws 6252 EH, bib faucet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo96047 View Post
I have one of the push on hose connectors that work with a Haws, model 6252 EH, bib faucet. Does anyone have a good way of keeping the hose connected without having to stand there and pull it onto the hose bib?
Are you trying to keep it on while filling a tank or for a permanent hookup? Also how are you keeping the faucet turned on. Normally thy are used where you are not supposed to hookup a hose. When hooking up, the pressure can get quite high with out flow, 30 - 60 psi at many campgrounds
Attached Thumbnails
2020-02-21 17_01_30-Greenshot.png  
AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 06:53 PM   #5

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
Grip

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC0GV View Post
Are you trying to keep it on while filling a tank or for a permanent hookup? Also how are you keeping the faucet turned on. Normally thy are used where you are not supposed to hookup a hose. When hooking up, the pressure can get quite high with out flow, 30 - 60 psi at many campgrounds
When I was helping a gentleman use one of these my job was to hold the flipper
With one hand and hold the water thief on with the other hand. My fried was holding the other end of the hose, careful to keep an air gap where the water entered his Casita cup. We were doing fine and understood we were breaking the rules. We didn’t get caught till we were about done. I would have completely finished up and had Rita wash the Escape if I would have known how easy it
is to get a Federal Pardo’ne.
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is online now   Reply With Quote