Water In Pipes When Traveling - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2021, 03:48 PM   #21

Name: David
Trailer: Scamp
Michigan
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdittrich View Post
Dear Friends,
What do you do with the water in the pipes of a Scamp after disconnecting the hose hookup? Do you open a faucet to reduce some pressure? Do you release the backup valve at the water intake? Do you drain any pipes before moving on? Does it matter how much water pressure there is on the plumbing parts when in motion? I'm not referring to fresh water tank, only water from hose? Thanks.
We have had a 19' Scamp 5th wheel since 2003 and always just disconnect the "city" water & go. Have never had a problem.
cyberbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 02:27 PM   #22

Name: Charles
Trailer: Bigfoot
Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ in FLA View Post
I do the same as Ken. This helps cycle fresh water through the fresh water tank. I also only turn the pump on when using water.
Same here. I have always advocated for use of the tank and pump, just run the pump when you need water, and same for the water heater.

Charles
Old 03-25-2021, 02:32 PM   #23

Name: Charles
Trailer: Bigfoot
Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomcat316 View Post
Everyone is talking regulators set to 40 psi. Is there a reason that a PEX RV system wouldn't gracefully handle 100 psi shore supply?
The PEX would, but the fittings might not. The fittings are generally plastic compression fittings, not the brass with squeezed compression rings like in a house.

Charles
Old 03-25-2021, 02:42 PM   #24

Name: JD
Trailer: Scamp 16 Modified (BIGLY)
Florida
Actually my pump gives higher pressure and flow than the city water regulator on my Scamp.
I think that many parks run higher pressure to make up for too small pipes in their distribution system.
That is OK as long as the water is being used, but when the usage goes down the pressure might go pretty high.
My trailer has only good quality fittings and faucets and PEX tubing everywhere, except going to the fresh water tank and pump.
redbarron55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 07:06 PM   #25

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesinGA View Post
The PEX would, but the fittings might not. The fittings are generally plastic compression fittings, not the brass with squeezed compression rings like in a house.
Consider that my house, built 19 years ago, has PEX with brass fittings.. and three of those fittings have failed in the past 48 months due to aggressive well water. And all the others showed outward signs of corrosion. When we remodeled the bathroom two months ago my plumber used plastic fittings and assured me that they would last much longer than the brass ones.
So I guess it depends on how good the water you get is.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote