Water leak but not from roof. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2013, 07:26 PM   #1

Name: Mike
Trailer: 13' Scamp
California
Water leak but not from roof.

I took my 2011 13' Scamp out for a quick weekend trip and on the way up we had constant rain. When we arrived at our destination I noticed a very small puddle on the lower floor. I looked at the vents on the ceiling and they were completely dry. I looked under the sink and I noticed it was a little wet. I think the rain water was entering through the vent on the left side where the fridge settings are. Any thoughts? Is this common and can it be fixed?
mkrueger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 02:12 PM   #2

Name: Mike
Trailer: 13' Scamp
California
So I called Scamp customer support and left a message and rather than waiting for them to call back I did some investigating. I decided it must have been coming in through the vent on the left side if the Scamp where the fridge controls are. I raised the tongue to create a slope and sprayed some water where the wires enter the trailer until there was a little pool of water. Within less than a minute I noticed some water under the sink where the wires come through. I think I will first caulk that area up better and also drill a hole to allow the water to drain out. I'll probably insert a plastic hose in the hole so water can't come up from the bottom. I've posted the before pictures and will be sure to post the after pics once I'm finished. I'm also going to give the Scamp a good wash along with 4 coats of Zep floor polish to give her a nice new shine!
Attached Thumbnails
image-183066185.jpg   image-1415100299.jpg  

mkrueger is offline   Reply With Quote