Water pump not working. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2008, 10:41 AM   #1

Trailer: 1981 Boler 13 ft / 2005 Dodge Caravan
Registry
Just got around to filling the onboard water tank and found the pump not working.Any suggestions...Thanks,Pat.
Pat C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 11:10 AM   #2

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2003 16 ft
Registry
Is the pump making noise but no water is coming out?
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
Steve L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 11:19 AM   #3

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Just got around to filling the onboard water tank and found the pump not working.Any suggestions...Thanks,Pat.
Hand pump or electric pump???
Old 05-29-2008, 12:16 PM   #4

Trailer: 1976 13 ft Scamp
Quote:
Mine stopped working as well. I took it out and disassempled it. It had plastic shavings that got sucked up into it and kept the suction from building that got there from the installation of a new tank. I cleaned it out and everything was fine....until it sucked up more shavings. The mechanism is simple to understand if you take it apart. just make sure the marble that is in there can seat itself properly, that is likely what is wrong. It would be very apparent what the problem is if you were to look inside of it.. This is assuming that you are talking about the pump handle type.
Jonathan S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 12:55 PM   #5

Registry
Quote:
Is the pump making noise but no water is coming out?
No noise no nothing....I thought it might be a blown fuse ,so I took it out and tested it and its fine.I imagine it has something to do with the wiring,and since I am clueless in this area I guess I will have to take trhe trailer in and have it looked at. Thanks,Pat.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:58 PM   #6

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
It's actually easy to get 'clued' to some of this stuf. Find your converter and likely you will find a fuse block inside it or near it with fuses (little glass tubes, likely). Look carefully inside the fuses (side if glass, end if colored plastic) with flashlight and maybe magnifying glass for a burnt wire. There will be tiny markings on the ends of the fuse and one of them will have A or Amps -- That's the size. Get more at hardware, auto parts, Wally, etc.

If you put fuse in and it blows again, then it's time for advanced troubleshooting.
Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 04:31 PM   #7

Registry
Quote:
Hand pump or electric pump???
Hand pump works fine.The electric one is giving the problem.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:39 PM   #8

Registry
Quote:
It's actually easy to get 'clued' to some of this stuf. Find your converter and likely you will find a fuse block inside it or near it with fuses (little glass tubes, likely). Look carefully inside the fuses (side if glass, end if colored plastic) with flashlight and maybe magnifying glass for a burnt wire. There will be tiny markings on the ends of the fuse and one of them will have A or Amps -- That's the size. Get more at hardware, auto parts, Wally, etc.

If you put fuse in and it blows again, then it's time for advanced troubleshooting.
I checked the fuses out in the converter, and also the fuse for the pump.All are fine,Checking fuses is the one thing I do know how to do.Probably because its the easiest.Because the pump has not been used for a while I thought maybe it had not been primed enough,but that didn't help either.
Old 05-29-2008, 05:22 PM   #9

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
I'd get a meter, flip the pump switch and see if you have juice at the pump. If you don't it's a wiring issue, if you do then the pumps bad. The pumps are not horribly expensive and easy to replace, if the pumps bad I'd just bolt in a new one.
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 05:43 PM   #10

Registry
Quote:
I'd get a meter, flip the pump switch and see if you have juice at the pump. If you don't it's a wiring issue, if you do then the pumps bad. The pumps are not horribly expensive and easy to replace, if the pumps bad I'd just bolt in a new one.
Thanks Greg.I will try the meter.Never used one but will try to get next door neighbour to help.