Water Regulator - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-30-2015, 07:26 PM   #21

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
My house has a pressure reduction device between the mains and house plumbing. Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it's not there.
The RV does not, so a pressure reduction valve is required to protect your plumbing.
Very simple, and less than $12.
Old 11-30-2015, 07:28 PM   #22

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
There is a backflow preventer on the main lines in most houses to prevent contaminating of the water supply. Mine is right at the output side of the meter.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 10:47 PM   #23

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
I started to hook up at a park last spring when an adjacent camper came over and warned me that the pressure was in excess of 100 psi. I did not hook up. He showed me his Watts adjustable regulator with a gauge on one end. When I returned home I put together a regulator from a picture I took of his regulator. It works well and gives me piece of mind. No blown hoses, no worry about pressure fluxuation, great conversation starter from those with a twinge of concern and no gauge.
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 03:59 AM   #24

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Interesting thread with a lot of comments for the OP to read to the original question although some went a little sideways and have nothing to do with a trailer. Bottom line to the OP is use a regulator when connected to any city water connection.....just cuz, it's cheap insurance. At the hose bib, to protect the hose too, or at the trailer, it will protect the trailers internal water lines/connections.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 11:04 AM   #25

Name: Eugene
Trailer: 2016 13Ft Scamp
Florida
Thanks Everyone

Just ordered one with a gauge.
EugeneFlorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 01:52 PM   #26

Name: David
Trailer: 2013 Scamp 16'
Wisconsin
No one mentioned that Scamp has installed a pressure protection within the system to prevent damage from excessive campground water pressure. At least I have understood that my 2013 model had such.

Sironi
Dsironi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 02:01 PM   #27

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsironi View Post
No one mentioned that Scamp has installed a pressure protection within the system to prevent damage from excessive campground water pressure. At least I have understood that my 2013 model had such.

Sironi
David do you know what model year Scamp started to add them into the system? I know for sure that mine did not have one.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 02:06 PM   #28

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Given that a water pressure regulator is cheap and easy to obtain, and attaches to the faucet, I can't imagine Scamp going to the effort and expense of installing one inline.
I would certainly confirm with Scamp rather than rely on web.
Old 02-22-2016, 02:52 PM   #29

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I checked Scamp's site and saw NOTHING about them furnishing the regulator. I just spoke with "Micah" at the Scamp factory and they do *NOT* install a regulator.

I would never hook my Scamp up without a pressure regulator at ANY campground! I've seen some at nearly 100lbs of pressure as I take a gauge with me.

And here is what is said about how manufacturers test:

The formal testing procedures performed at the factory during manufacture included pressurizing the system (with air or water) to 80-100 psi for ten minutes.

To each his own but again, I would not subject my Scamp to those high pressures (150 lbs ) as some stated on here they will do. And IF you do, to me, you are flirting with disaster!
Darral T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 05:32 PM   #30

Name: Wendy Lee
Trailer: Scamp 13' Standard
New York
Registry
Good info here about screwing on regulator at hose bib. Can't imagine why you wouldn't want such inexpensive preventative maintenance. I would not want to replace water lines and clean up messes from a blow out if it could be avoided with an $7 or $8 brass fitting from Wally.

I too use the water filter shown by Floyd. Even when not connected to city water (fill up big blue jugs and fill water tank that way). Most places, I have no city water anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
CampyTime is offline   Reply With Quote