Water/sink help please - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2020, 07:02 AM   #1

Name: Catherine
Trailer: trillium
Georgia
Water/sink help please

My son just turned 18 and wants to have that camper life Just for a starter I found a Trillium for a really cheap price, the guy had bought it to fix up and decided not to bother with it. So the last couple of days we have scrubbed, replaced, built things to fix it up a bit. I have plenty of experience building and remodeling and so this is driving me crazy because it's the simplest thing and I can't find anything online. I know you have to prime the sink when you fill the tank but I'm lost. How? This is a picture of the sink, it is missing a primer, am I overlooking something? I feel so dumb lol.

Also attached are pics of what we've done so far
Attached Thumbnails
20200429_084455.jpg   20200429_084522.jpg  

inCollage_20200428_200445352.jpg   inCollage_20200428_200721657.jpg  

20200427_151309.jpg   20200428_184507.jpg  

2008momof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 07:33 AM   #2

Trailer: U-Haul 16 ft Vacationer
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
I may be on the wrong track here, but here goes.

Since you have a regular faucet (not a hand pump), you must have an electric water pump. I assume that's what you asking about priming. On our system, I just make sure the water tank has sufficient water (at least half full) and then turn on the pump switch. It should draw the water from the tank after a few seconds. Then I open the faucet and let it sputter air and water until it runs steadily. When you close the faucet, the pump should cycle off until you open the faucet again. That's my priming process. May not be right, but it works for me.

By the way, it looks like that cover you are holding covers the faucet sprayer hole on the back of the faucet since you don't have a sprayer.
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 07:54 AM   #3

Georgia
Thank you.
Yeah....I don't know anything about the water system ....
So I guess that means we have to wait until we connect the electricity which will take a little while. He doesn't want to use propane so we are taking out the stove and I have to find someone to help me with wiring and who knows what else later. For now we are just concentrating on the inside and I will have to figure out everything else as we go.
Old 04-29-2020, 08:04 AM   #4

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
You are missing the original faucets. You can still buy one of the hand pump faucets, they are used on pop-up campers. Amazon has them.

Of course, the old plumbing will be very suspect and IMHO, should be replaced with PEX before you hook up to water.

Trilliums have commonly known issues that many have addressed before you, including belly band leaks, window leaks, body to frame bolts, hinges that attach to rotten wood.

The roof was not designed to support roof air. You are going to have to come up with a support plan there. Trillium did have a roof air option, but it had a special designed roof section, much higher than the rest of the roof. Pretty obvious if you have one. Your pictures don't show the complete side profile, but I don't see that roof section. Even supporting a Maxxifan (roof vent fan) takes extra support.

You got a good one! And Trilliums are really desirable (I own one so I could be biased...)

On these vintage trailers, water and leaks are the enemy. You can have leaks that start inside from plumbing leaks, then leaks that start outside (windows, belly band, every penetration through the shell). That top rail you have around the top looks like an add on. Watch out for leaks there.

When you get to that point, don't be in a hurry to hook up power. Depending on what your trailer has, the old power control centers are pretty bad, and need to be replaced.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 08:20 AM   #5

Georgia
Thank you. We do know it will take time to be "move in" ready, but for now he is sure enjoying being able to get away from younger siblings lol!
Old 04-29-2020, 08:32 AM   #6

Georgia
Also, this is the side, and the air conditioner. The roof is raised a bit in the middle of that is what you are talking about.
Attached Thumbnails
Resized_2(1).jpg   IMG_4103.jpg  

Old 04-29-2020, 09:55 AM   #7

Name: Nicolas
Trailer: 1978 Boler
Almonte, Ontario
I own a Boler and have a hand pump and a regular faucet which is connected to the hose connector outside to use the campground water. Check to see if your faucet is hooked up this way. However, I would highly recommend the hand pump faucet be a consideration or a 12V water pump for those times you stop on route to have lunch in the middle of nowhere. It’s super to have a project to work on and an enthusiastic teen [win-win]
Nicolas is offline   Reply With Quote