Water tank for 13' boler - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2020, 02:11 PM   #1

Name: Nancy
Trailer: boler
British Columbia
Water tank for 13' boler

I need a new water tank for my 1976 13' boler no bathroom. I live in BC Ca.nada. Can you buy replacements? what have others done?
Nancy F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 03:57 PM   #2

Trailer: Boler 13 ft / Casita FD
Nancy, I have a Casita and installed a water tank that I found here...
https://www.plasticwatertanks.com/c/...tanks-for-sale
I measured the distance between the frame and how much height I had and used hangers off the frame.
Hope this helps.
Gerry
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 06:41 PM   #3

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
Nancy, I have a Casita and installed a water tank that I found here...
https://www.plasticwatertanks.com/c/...tanks-for-sale
I measured the distance between the frame and how much height I had and used hangers off the frame.
Hope this helps.
Gerry

Thanks Gerry, have been looking into that site.
Old 06-02-2020, 10:23 AM   #4

Name: Steven
Trailer: '79 Boler
on Ontario
Registry
If someone hadn't already installed a new tank under the floor I'd have used an external jug that I can pickup and fill as necessary and place it beside the grey water drain tank.
steve67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 11:29 AM   #5

Name: CAROL
Trailer: '79 Boler 1700
Manitoba
You could try D & M Plastics in Lacombe, Alberta. We ordered a tank for our 17 foot Boler from them last fall. They have several tanks available so you will need to be able to tell them what size you need and where and what size openings you need. We emailed a PDF of our well-marked drawing of our tank with the measurements. They price included the installation of the NPT bushings. They were able to get it done for us and shipped via Canada Post. The cost of our tank was about 170.00 CAD and shipping last year was just under 70.00. We installed it last month and it fit perfectly. Check out their web site and good luck.

Custom Rotational Moulding - D&M Plastics Inc.
CA Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 12:32 PM   #6

Name: Jim
Trailer: Boler 13
Alberta
RICHARDS PACKAGING has tanks of various sizes for Boler, Casita, etc. I purchased new fittings from their Calgary location. They are good folks. https://www.richardspackaging.com/ Good luck! Jim
Jim Pissot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 10:46 PM   #7

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Douglas View Post
You could try D & M Plastics in Lacombe, Alberta. We ordered a tank for our 17 foot Boler from them last fall. They have several tanks available so you will need to be able to tell them what size you need and where and what size openings you need. We emailed a PDF of our well-marked drawing of our tank with the measurements. They price included the installation of the NPT bushings. They were able to get it done for us and shipped via Canada Post. The cost of our tank was about 170.00 CAD and shipping last year was just under 70.00. We installed it last month and it fit perfectly. Check out their web site and good luck.

Custom Rotational Moulding - D&M Plastics Inc.

Thank you for the information, at least Alberta is closer than some places we were looking at in the US. When hubby came home today said he was talking with someone in our little town, and is able to have one made locally.
Old 06-02-2020, 10:48 PM   #8

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve67 View Post
If someone hadn't already installed a new tank under the floor I'd have used an external jug that I can pickup and fill as necessary and place it beside the grey water drain tank.

Thank you Steve, we thought about that too, but I am getting older and lifting a jug full of water is getting heavy for me. We have found some one who can make it locally.
Old 06-03-2020, 10:13 PM   #9

Name: Renee
Trailer: Boler
Washington
Water tank

We remodeled our boler, and put two seven gallon tanks in the lower cabinets of the kitchen. One gray water, one fresh. Hand pump leading from the fresh tank to the faucet. Easy to take out to clean. We have a fresh water fill from the outside, and can also fill by removing the tank. The sink drain runs to the gray tank. When we return home we dump it on our plants. We use bio soap only.

I did not want the icky water tank I could not easily clean out. We removed it and took it to the dump.

Omg, the mold that came out of the fixed tank was disgusting. I think leaks From the water tank to the sink faucet was the source for much of the mildew behind the sink cabinet and under the bench in the rear where the line ran from the tank to the faucet. Soggy carpet and lots of smell. The really gross part? The previous owners had been using it when they camped right before selling it to us.

If installing and using a fresh water tank you MUST be super aggressive with maintenance.
Old 06-04-2020, 09:34 AM   #10

Name: Carter
Trailer: Eco
Kansas
I took the 10-gallon original tank out and swapped in a 5 gallon tank I bought on Amazon. I also put in a 4" access port so I can properly clean the new tank (also from Amazon) and an ultrasonic level sensor that I still need to build a dashboard for.
Old 06-04-2020, 10:12 AM   #11

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneeN View Post
We remodeled our boler, and put two seven gallon tanks in the lower cabinets of the kitchen. One gray water, one fresh. Hand pump leading from the fresh tank to the faucet. Easy to take out to clean. We have a fresh water fill from the outside, and can also fill by removing the tank. The sink drain runs to the gray tank. When we return home we dump it on our plants. We use bio soap only.

I did not want the icky water tank I could not easily clean out. We removed it and took it to the dump.

Omg, the mold that came out of the fixed tank was disgusting. I think leaks From the water tank to the sink faucet was the source for much of the mildew behind the sink cabinet and under the bench in the rear where the line ran from the tank to the faucet. Soggy carpet and lots of smell. The really gross part? The previous owners had been using it when they camped right before selling it to us.

If installing and using a fresh water tank you MUST be super aggressive with maintenance.

Thank you, this is a good change, but hubby is having one made locally, if they haven't started I will have them do something to fit under the sink like you have.
Old 06-04-2020, 10:15 AM   #12

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
I took the 10-gallon original tank out and swapped in a 5 gallon tank I bought on Amazon. I also put in a 4" access port so I can properly clean the new tank (also from Amazon) and an ultrasonic level sensor that I still need to build a dashboard for.

Thank you I like the sensor level idea, will keep that in mind.
Old 06-04-2020, 10:21 AM   #13

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxter View Post

Also thanks for sharing your pics, looking good. Looks like you also kept your original carpet?

Tags
boler