Water tank- save or not? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-26-2013, 02:23 PM   #21

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Im with Carol, I tent camped for years and Im so happy to have a shower and running water for washing and doing dishes! I think about adding another tank to increase my capacity lol.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 03:06 PM   #22

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
Im with Carol, I tent camped for years and Im so happy to have a shower and running water for washing and doing dishes! I think about adding another tank to increase my capacity lol.
I would be, too, in a bigger trailer with a bigger sink. But the one in the Campster really isn't worth having. First, there is no gray water tank so you have to set up a drain collection to use it at all. Then, it is too small for much of anything but spitting. No bathroom, no shower. If I used the sink at all, it would be with bottled water.

Anyway, I already removed it- that's a done deal.
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 03:57 PM   #23

Trailer: 2008 20 ft Flagstaff Pop-Up (206ST) / 2005 Sienna
So Donna, does this mean your will be parting with your beloved Scamp??
Old 10-26-2013, 04:11 PM   #24

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie Mayer View Post
Anyway, I already removed it- that's a done deal.
Let us know how you use the space Bobbie. Others may want to do something similar
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 04:11 PM   #25

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissab View Post
So Donna, does this mean your will be parting with your beloved Scamp??
Yes, wish I could be a trailer hoarder
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 08:50 PM   #26

Name: Hazel
Trailer: Trillium
Saskatchewan
We took the water tank out of our 13' Trillium. Our reasoning was - we cook, eat and wash dishes outside, carrying water from home or a campground tap. Our stove and sink are covered by a shelf that we find more useful. To do this the taps were removed as well. We also removed the back of the front couch (that lifts up to make an upper bunk.) We have stored all these items in case, when we sell, the new owner wants them.

The bed is in the 'ready to use' position just about permanently, with some memory foam inside a sheet over it (confort matters!). We haven't found it a problem to flip aside the memory foam, remove the cushion and 'hatch' and collect items from inside, The space holds spare food for emergencies (and for when we are heading out on a longer trip - or taking hungry grandboys along). The same under bed space on the other side holds the windwalls and bugscreens for the canopy.

So many options with these little eggs - seems like there is a good option for most challenges. I find it fascinating to read the ways we all make our campers comfortable for our 'style'.
Hazel in Sk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 02:45 AM   #27

Name: Jared
Trailer: 1984 19' scamp
Kansas
I wouldn't bother keeping it. Personally, I wouldn't drink out of a 40 year old tank. I I replaced mine for that reason.
Jared J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:49 AM   #28

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared J View Post
I wouldn't bother keeping it. Personally, I wouldn't drink out of a 40 year old tank. I I replaced mine for that reason.
That was kind of my thinking, too. I really wanted to know if they are routinely available. I'll measure it and check and make sure an appropriate size would be easy to find, and if so, may give this one away (if there are any takers.)

I don't really plan to sell any time soon, anyway.
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote