What do I have? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-29-2013, 01:22 PM   #1

Name: Bill
Trailer: Trillium "Scout"
Wisconsin
What do I have?

I recently bought a 1985 13' "Scout" fiberglass camper. In trying to find "Scout" parts I have found nothing. It is titled as a 1985 "Scout" and has "Scout" decals on the front , rear and sides. Even the front fiberglass window cover has a "S" imprinted in the fiberglass.
So....in researching this a little I have found that my 1985 "Scout" is EXACTLY the same as a Trillium. It even has the Trillium logo in the raised plastic on the door. I believe the original Trillium company went out of business in the early 1980's. Did some other company buy them and rename the camper as a "Scout". Any help would be appreciated in letting me know what the heck I have here.
Billy B
Billy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 01:45 PM   #2

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Tom (who owns and operates the U. S. company currently using the Trillium name and design) could probably answer this.

My guess is that no one bought Trillium as a company, but someone may have used an original set of moulds to make the Scout... or they just made new moulds from an existing original Trillium. Sometimes there are parts left when a company shuts down, and someone buys them then completes the product; I suppose that's another possibility.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 02:47 PM   #3

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
Billy, please post pictures of your Scout, we all like pictures
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 03:22 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi Bill, to FiberglassRV, we're glad you're here!

Matt H (where are you?) posted a bad photo of the Trillium Scout in this thread: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...res-40017.html

On edit: I'm just wondering if it's a model of the Trillium with just different trim.. like upholstry and/or appliances. We talk about the 13' Boler, but there's the Scout, Voyageur and Deluxe. http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/d...?do=file&id=35
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 03:30 PM   #5

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Sometimes people replace the front cover with one from another trailer. (Stick built) Hence, a Scout Trillium.
mszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 04:06 PM   #6

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
As the original question had to do with looking for parts, what parts do you need???? Other than fiberglass body parts, most of the "Parts" in these trailers are fairly generic.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 06:25 PM   #7

Name: Bill
Trailer: Trillium "Scout"
Wisconsin
Tiliium "Scout"

Thanks to all that responded. In response to Donna H...I went to the "Matt H." link and there it was, apicture of the exact camper I have. The scout decals were in the right place. The only difference is that my door has a window. This is positively the camper I have.
But my question now is...Is this a model in the Trillium line or was it a separate company that used Trillium molds?
Bob M.....the main thing I am looking for is an owners manual.
I bought this from the original owner and it is in real nice shape. It sat unused (in Wisconsin climate) for about 15 years. The inside was in near mint condition but the outside was filthy with a capital "F". I took it to the local spray it yourself car wash and after inserting about $20.00 in quarters and a large can of Bartenders Helper it cleaned up really nice. I took it the big Jefferson (WI) car swap meet this weekend and about 30 people asked me to sell it (it's not for sale!!!) I really enjoyed it.
Anyway thanks again for the responses. Any additional information would be appreciated.
P.S. I have no idea how to put a picture on a posting. I'm lucky to have figured this much out!
Billy B is offline   Reply With Quote