What goes in the groove of my outside vent - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2021, 11:01 AM   #1

Name: Nancy
Trailer: boler
British Columbia
What goes in the groove of my outside vent

Hello I need to know what to put in the grooves of the outside fridge vent. Thought I had some aluminum strips but they don't seem to fit. Can anyone help with what should be there or what to use.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20210911_120755.jpg  
Nancy F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 11:15 AM   #2

Trailer: 1981 Trillium 5500
Should be a plastic trim, maybe elixr brand, need to measure the opening size and see what size you need

Joe
Joe MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 10:28 AM   #3

Name: Roy
Trailer: currently shopping
Florida
Roy Beman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy F View Post
Hello I need to know what to put in the grooves of the outside fridge vent. Thought I had some aluminum strips but they don't seem to fit. Can anyone help with what should be there or what to use.
I think it is regular vinyl trim strip, such as used on the side trim on almost every travel trailer. It comes in rolls, various lengths and colors. It if flat as manufactured; you tuck it into the grooves, then it appears convex. Note: you must anchor ends with a screw as this stuff shrinks a lot when exposed to the weather. I replace some on my motorhome and where I missed anchoring the ends, it shrank about 3 to 4 inches in less than a year ( I had to replace it again)
Mr. B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 04:18 PM   #4

Name: Duane
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
New Brunswick
Hi nearly all aluminum truck caps used the plastic trim you need it's curved outward and has flat edges to slide in the channels . Not sure who makes it Google should lead you to the manufacturers.
getaway1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 12:24 PM   #5

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe MacDonald View Post
Should be a plastic trim, maybe elixr brand, need to measure the opening size and see what size you need

Joe
Thanks
Old 10-25-2021, 12:26 PM   #6

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. B View Post
I think it is regular vinyl trim strip, such as used on the side trim on almost every travel trailer. It comes in rolls, various lengths and colors. It if flat as manufactured; you tuck it into the grooves, then it appears convex. Note: you must anchor ends with a screw as this stuff shrinks a lot when exposed to the weather. I replace some on my motorhome and where I missed anchoring the ends, it shrank about 3 to 4 inches in less than a year ( I had to replace it again)
Thanks, I measured and it is only 5/8" from edge to edge, do you think a 7/8" would fit ok?