Where can I buy a Lagun Table Mount in BC - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-31-2020, 01:36 PM   #1

Name: Chantal
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
Where can I buy a Lagun Table Mount in BC

Hello,

Could anyone from BC tell me where I can buy a Lagun Table Mount?

The model I'm after is this one: https://www.amazon.ca/Marine-Teak-La.../dp/B00XCJDAGC

Thanks!
boler girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 10:06 AM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by boler girl View Post
Hello,

Could anyone from BC tell me where I can buy a Lagun Table Mount?

The model I'm after is this one: https://www.amazon.ca/Marine-Teak-La.../dp/B00XCJDAGC

Thanks!
I've got one I'm willing to sell but I'm leaving tomorrow for 8 weeks, so it would be March/april before we could finalize. Let me know.
Glenn
Glenn Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 10:46 AM   #3

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
I bought mine direct from the manufacturer:
https://www.marineteak.co.uk/lagun-a...ing-system-331

As I recall it was the best price including shipping to USA. IDK about shipping to Canada. See my cost break down in the first paragraph under "Further Notes" here:

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...tml#post616566
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 10:48 AM   #4

Name: Jon
Trailer: Escape 21C
New York
Registry
I don't know how the import fees would effect the price, but you can buy directly from the manufacturer.

Another possibility is from a couple of English companies - RV Table Mount or where I bought mine and a table - Marine Teak.
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 10:56 AM   #5

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
For anyone in Canada close to the border, I’d set up with one of the mailbox stores in Point Roberts and pick up there.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 11:07 AM   #6

Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Deluxe B19 19 ft / 2007 Nissan Frontier V6 NISMO 4x4
I found the best price on ebay, which is where I bought mine.
V'sGlassSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 07:01 PM   #7

British Columbia
Hi Glenn,

How much would you sell it for, and what condition is it in?

thanks!
Old 02-01-2020, 07:04 PM   #8

British Columbia
Hi gordon2,

That's a much better deal than what Canadians get! Including a second bracket, it would cost me $274 CAD. Love the photos! Good idea about the L brackets. I'll do the same on mine. Thanks for the reply!
Old 02-01-2020, 07:11 PM   #9

British Columbia
Hi Thrifty Bill,

I live on Vancouver Island, so adding the cost of the ferry to get to Point Roberts makes it not worth it. Good idea though, thanks!
Old 02-01-2020, 07:13 PM   #10

British Columbia
Hi Jon,

The US manufacturer does not deliver to Canada. The UK company does, but it's a bit pricey. However, that might be my only option.

Thanks for the reply.
Old 02-01-2020, 07:14 PM   #11

British Columbia
Hi V'sGlassSleeper,

Nothing like that on eBay at the moment, but I'll keep my eyes open. Good tip. Thanks!
Old 02-01-2020, 07:37 PM   #12

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
...Good idea about the L brackets. I'll do the same on mine. ...
You could do better...
I have caught my clothing on the mount a few times, and the risk of someone leaning on it for support is high. So it must not only support the table, but people leaning on the table, getting hung up on it, etc.

Although my mounting has done well, if I had the tools and welding ability to do a better mount I would have done so. And, as I mentioned, the floor under the bench was not perfectly level so the angle brackets would not sit flat until I dug out some of the wood. Whatever you do, don’t rely only on the bench wall to support the mount.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 11:38 AM   #13

Name: Diane
British Columbia
Lagun table mount

Hi, I live in Nanaimo and bought mine at the Harbour Chandler, a marine parts and supply store here in town.

Diane
dharris1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 04:24 PM   #14

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by dharris1210 View Post
Hi, I live in Nanaimo and bought mine at the Harbour Chandler, a marine parts and supply store here in town.

Diane
Wonderful! I'll contact them on Monday.
Old 02-08-2020, 12:08 PM   #15

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Hi Thrifty Bill,

I live on Vancouver Island, so adding the cost of the ferry to get to Point Roberts makes it not worth it. Good idea though, thanks!
I am on the Island as well, so I save up my on line shopping for when I am heading to Washington camping and take as advantage of shopping on Amazon.com vs ca and the free shipping and have it all sent to a mailbox in Lynden, Washington. With the allowable duty free after a few days out of Canada no duty payable. If not going camping but heading to the mainland I have items I must have sent to Lynden and just take the extra hour or so to pop across and pick up. Customs at the nearest crossing are normally very generous with those who go across just to pick up goods.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 12:03 PM   #16

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
I am on the Island as well, so I save up my on line shopping for when I am heading to Washington camping and take as advantage of shopping on Amazon.com vs ca and the free shipping and have it all sent to a mailbox in Lynden, Washington. With the allowable duty free after a few days out of Canada no duty payable. If not going camping but heading to the mainland I have items I must have sent to Lynden and just take the extra hour or so to pop across and pick up. Customs at the nearest crossing are normally very generous with those who go across just to pick up goods.
You sound like a very savvy shopper. In the end, I bought directly from the UK distributor. Including the delivery, custom and taxes, it was still cheaper than the Nanaimo and Vancouver shops. And I got the table and the extra mount 2 days after placing the order.

Thank you all for your suggestions!
Old 02-10-2020, 03:40 PM   #17

Name: Jasmine
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Wolfe View Post
I've got one I'm willing to sell but I'm leaving tomorrow for 8 weeks, so it would be March/april before we could finalize. Let me know.
Glenn
Hi Glenn! If it ends up being available, please let me know how much you would like for it to have it mailed to Edmonton, AB (I'm not sure what your location is).

Thank you!
Jasmine
jasmineirv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 11:27 PM   #18

Name: Barb
Trailer: Trillium Outback 2004
British Columbia
Registry
Lagun Table For Sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Wolfe View Post
Glenn
Hi Glenn,

I'm interested in your table as well. Let me know when you are back. The one from the UK is a bit rich in the end. I hope you find a trailer soon too! Barb