Where do I get front/back new windows - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2010, 07:56 AM   #1

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
Where do I get front/back new windows

For those of you who have replaced your front/back windows---where is an easy, fast place to get the plexi windows, and how much might I expect to pay??

Thanks
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 10:08 AM   #2

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Are you speaking of the plexiglass windows that are held in with black rubber/lockstrip molding?

I don't know about easy/fast in your specific area, but you can order them from Scamp IF your windows are the same size. Or, you can take your old windows to a plastics place and have them cut locally. You then have your choice of type of plastic, tint, etc. I imagine that would be the quickest and most accurate.

If you are replacing them, I would use new molding as well. You can also buy that from Scamp (again, if same size), or, the stuff and tools are made by C R Laurence, and you can find out from them if they will sell it to you or where you can order it. This way you can be sure to get the size that accounts for your plastic window thickness and your trailer shell thickness (in case it is not the same as Scamp).

CRL Auto Glass Weatherstrips and Moldings
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 01:53 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
Thanks Raya,

My Pacer is strippedand sanded, so think I'll pick up the windows Monday, and see if I can find a place in Omaha that can cut some plexiglass windows.
(using them for a pattern?)

The professional paint job is gonna cost me a 'FEW", so hoping the windows aren't too much. However, since they are OUT and the front one is pretty dinged up----this is the time to change them out.

Thankfully, I'm thinking the pros know where to get the rubber seals. (They're probably tired of me going in there giving them a lesson on silicone (which they knew) and butyl tape (which they knew).

There's nothing like being a mircro-manager with very little knowledge
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
windows