Where Do You Put Your Trash Bag? - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-24-2021, 06:04 PM   #1

Name: John
Trailer: Parkliner
Virginia
Where Do You Put Your Trash Bag?

My wife and I love our 15 ft 2016 Parkliner. BUT.... we are stumped in one area. We've tried a multitude of places and methods to store our inside trash bag. But none seem to be practical and out of the way adequately.

With small rv internal storage options so limited, I would love to know great creative solutions y'all have come up with to store trash in your fiberglass RV.

Any good ideas?
Old 06-24-2021, 06:25 PM   #2

Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
British Columbia
Don't know if this will work for you, but I attached 3M Command hooks to the trailer door for an Orbis container. When the door is closed, it is inside, in an area that is only used to go in and out. When the door is open, we can access the trash from the inside and outside.
Extra trash bags are stored in the bottom of the container.
Attached Thumbnails
Trash can.png   door gasket and trash.jpg  

Old 06-25-2021, 02:35 PM   #3

Name: Wayne & Barbara
Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjiwjr View Post
My wife and I love our 15 ft 2016 Parkliner. BUT.... we are stumped in one area. We've tried a multitude of places and methods to store our inside trash bag. But none seem to be practical and out of the way adequately.

With small rv internal storage options so limited, I would love to know great creative solutions y'all have come up with to store trash in your fiberglass RV.

Any good ideas?
We hang a plastic grocery bag from the bathroom door handle with a small bungee cord knotted thru the handle so the two hooks hang down to catch the bag handles. Just make sure the bag has no holes in it.
Wayne Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 02:56 PM   #4

Name: Robert
Trailer: Surf-Side
Manitoba
I purchased a small plastic garbage pail (or pail) from the dollar store and a small plastic bag fits inside nicely and the whole thing fits in the cupboard that is under the sink/stove of our Surfside. Usually, when camping, we take the garbage away daily or even twice a day so it is plenty large enough.
Bob in Mb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 03:13 PM   #5

Name: Randy
Trailer: Casita 17 FD
Florida
Not an elegant solution -- but it works. In our Casita 17FD I put one of those plastic suction hooks on the fiberglass near the left corner of the sink. We simply bring along a lot of plastic grocery shopping bags, and hang the bag by one of the handles. The hook is positioned just high enough for the bottom of the bag to be supported by the counter ledge around the sink.
GatorCasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 03:14 PM   #6

Virginia
Thanks y'all! I really appreciate the ideas. I think we've got a plan now.
Old 06-25-2021, 03:39 PM   #7

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
In our state, NY, the plastic grocery bags have been outlawed, stores can no longer use them. Like many people we used them for garbage, both on our house kitchen counter in a small container, and in our Casita in a small container that attaches to the wall. We have used those bags for so long that we were disappointed that they were no longer available. We had been hoarding them since we learned the stores would no longer use them. I found that they were still available on Amazon in bulk, so bought a box which should last us for a long time.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 03:49 AM   #8
Raz

Name: Raz
Trailer: Trillium 2010
Vermont
I hang a plastic bag from the knobs. Click image for larger version

Name:	_20200731_150344.JPG
Views:	11
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	141714
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 08:42 AM   #9

Name: carolyn
Trailer: 2005 casita sd
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob in Mb View Post
I purchased a small plastic garbage pail (or pail) from the dollar store and a small plastic bag fits inside nicely and the whole thing fits in the cupboard that is under the sink/stove of our Surfside. Usually, when camping, we take the garbage away daily or even twice a day so it is plenty large enough.

Same with us, we put a large rubber band around the bag where it overlaps the pail to keep the plastic open, keep it under the sink of our 16' Casita. It barely fits in front of the wheel well.

Also, We store a plastic rectangular bowl on top of the wheel well behind the garbage can, to use in carrying meal prep stuff outside to the table.
garycarolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 11:37 AM   #10

Name: Larry
Trailer: Casita
North Carolina
I have since trimmed out the compartment for trash can I cut in my Casita but this has worked great for us.

Edit... Don't know how my pics got up side down
Attached Thumbnails
421023BB-964B-4B61-8FFC-CDFE054601F2.jpg   A75FF5D4-57A8-41E0-A35F-B608F29C0880.jpg  

lgboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 12:59 PM   #11

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
Alberta
Registry
A Trillium 4500 has a tip out door in the forward side of the bottom section of the closet. The box is about 4" deep. It's actually an access hatch to the back of the furnace, and converter on my 4500's. If you pull up and tip out the bottom, it comes right out. Since it is right by the trailer door, it is easily accessible from inside, or outside the trailer. However, it is not very big. Grocery bag sized at best.
Attached Images

David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 08:39 PM   #12

Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
The Escape 21 has a alcove directly across from the door, and at the food of the bed which was almost exactly right for a light weight plastic 'step to open' kitchen trash can. thats lined with a kitchen plastic trash bag.

I also tend to bring a couple 5G buckets, a blue one for recyclables, and another (white or green orsomethign) for trash, and each of these gets a plastic bag liner, they are used for outside trash
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 06:22 PM   #13

Name: Kenneth
Trailer: Scamp
Wisconsin
Registry
Low class but it works

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjiwjr View Post
My wife and I love our 15 ft 2016 Parkliner. BUT.... we are stumped in one area. We've tried a multitude of places and methods to store our inside trash bag. Any good ideas?
As I drive rural Wisconsin, I see plastic shopping bags in fields, fences, even in treetops. But until they are outlawed here, I will use one hanging from one of my many command hooks around the Scamp for my trash. (Planning can keep the trash to a minimum.)
Attached Thumbnails
trash bag.jpg  
AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 02:27 PM   #14

Name: Rebecca
Ohio
In our Parkliner, I place a small narrow rectangular waste basket on the floor snugged up to left of the air conditioner. It fits the space, is out of the way and is just big enough to hold a plastic grocery bag.

I used to a hang a trash bag on a command hook but I tended to bump into it. Also the lovely hanging bag of garbage became the focus of my decor.
DavenBecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 07:32 PM   #15

Name: Kate & George
Trailer: Boler 1300
AB
Ikea solution for trash

The Ikea Brogrund trash can holds 1 gallon bags(we got a lifetime supply form Amazon for cheap). It fits perfectlly fastened to the inside of the kitchen cabinet and can also be set on the counter for more convenience

https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/images/pr...907_s5.jpg?f=g
Kate W is offline   Reply With Quote