Where is my water pump? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2022, 08:18 PM   #1

Name: Paige
Trailer: Bigfoot
California
Where is my water pump?

I have a 17ft center bath 1993 Bigfoot Trailer. I just pulled into a campground. I have no water connection but a full tank of clean water. My water pump pressurized immediately from the switch on the control above the stove. Water ran fine. Then 5 minutes later nothing. No pump noise or water pressure or flow. I checked the fuses. They look good. I want to check the wires on the pump but I can’t find the darn thing in my trailer. Where is it??? Help a gal out please.
Paige C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 11:10 PM   #2

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Sold the Bigfoot 17-Looking for a new one
Washington
On the 1994 Bigfoot CB that i owned previously, it was in the cabinet under the refrigerator. It was behind some flexible ducting for the furnace.
Jack L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 12:59 AM   #3

Name: Jann
Trailer: Casita
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige C. View Post
I have a 17ft center bath 1993 Bigfoot Trailer. I just pulled into a campground. I have no water connection but a full tank of clean water. My water pump pressurized immediately from the switch on the control above the stove. Water ran fine. Then 5 minutes later nothing. No pump noise or water pressure or flow. I checked the fuses. They look good. I want to check the wires on the pump but I can’t find the darn thing in my trailer. Where is it??? Help a gal out please.
We had a similar problem and the valve to winterize was turned so that the pump couldn't push the water through. Check all valves around the hot water heater. Can't believe you don't have a city hookup for water.
Jann Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 10:56 AM   #4

California
Thanks for the help! I found the pump behind the ducting. Makes me wonder why the pump manual from 1993 says to install the pump in an easy to access place and this is what they came up with. Ha! We’ll still no working pump but I’m getting by with a jug of water and a coffee pot of hot water for dishes. Sure could use a shower though. Headed home later today. Happy camping!
Old 03-07-2022, 11:28 AM   #5

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jann Todd View Post
We had a similar problem and the valve to winterize was turned so that the pump couldn't push the water through. Check all valves around the hot water heater. Can't believe you don't have a city hookup for water.
The valve for winterizing on my bigfoot was added after the trailer left the factory. The OP may not have one.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-36543-C...s%2C133&sr=8-5
Old 03-07-2022, 11:37 AM   #6

Name: Ed
Trailer: Casita 17 ft SD
Colorado
The water pump can not pump air. On my Casita the toilet is the lowest point in the system. I hold the toilet flush open until water flows. One time I took the head off the shower and sucked on that too get water into the pump.

The way I've found too prevent this from happening is to open the bathroom sink hot and cold water faucet while filling the water tank. Then over fill the water tank. This pushes water into the water pump.
ehoepner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 11:54 AM   #7

Washington
Looking at your original post, your pump was running, then quit running, so t would check the pump and pressure switch. Might be time for a new pump.
Old 03-07-2022, 12:03 PM   #8

California
That’s my thought too. This one is original to the trailer I think so it’s nearly 30 years old. And the only thing I haven’t yet replaced.
Old 03-12-2022, 02:20 PM   #9

Name: Old Viking 38
Trailer: Bigfoot 29Sl Motor Home
Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige C. View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack L View Post
Looking at your original post, your pump was running, then quit running, so t would check the pump and pressure switch. Might be time for a new pump.
Check your fuse continuity with a VOM. Check voltage to your pump, pressure switch before tearing into things. Fuses can look good but are bad!
dschase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 02:23 PM   #10

Name: Old Viking 38
Trailer: Bigfoot 29Sl Motor Home
Arizona
Check the fuse and connection using a VOM if ok check voltage to the pump and pressure switch.
dschase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 02:41 PM   #11

California
Thank you. When I located the pump screwed into the wall behind rigid PVC and flexible ductwork I immediately knew I was under qualified for this repair. I took my trailer to Delta RV in Paso Robles, CA and they took great care of me. Fixed my trailer up in one day. $265 for parts and labor. Only thing I haven’t replaced now is the furnace! She’s a gem.