Where is the power converter located in my 75 Trillium 1300??? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2019, 05:18 PM   #1

Name: Max
Trailer: Trillium
Quebec
Where is the power converter located in my 75 Trillium 1300???

I know it's a dumb question but I did not see it anywhere?.. Only think I guess is it's under the heater but since I have no access it would be kind of weird?...
Any help is welcome!
TrilliumMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 07:27 PM   #2

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Not all Trilliums had a power converter, in fact, many did not. Is one listed on the data sheet inside the closet door?
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 03:58 PM   #3

Name: Chris
British Columbia
Question.. Does your Trillium have a fuse box?? If it does ithis box might also contains your converter..
Old 10-01-2019, 05:58 PM   #4

Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
does your trillium have a power cord? does it have a battery?
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 12:30 AM   #5

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrilliumMax View Post
I know it's a dumb question but I did not see it anywhere?.. Only think I guess is it's under the heater but since I have no access it would be kind of weird?...
Any help is welcome!
It is not a dumb question when all you have seen are trailers that do have power converters. However your trailer is right about on the transition line from the era where there was a change from no converter box to often having one. Many of the little shorties from the '60s and early '70s only had a110v cord with a plug on the end. On the inside of the trailer there was a small 110vcircuit breaker box with a couple of 110v walll outlets. No 12v lighting or 12v outlets. A lot of those travel trailers did not have a 12v battery for powering cabin lights. But some of them did have built a propane light sconces on the wall.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 05:43 PM   #6

Name: Gina
Trailer: In the market
New York
Power Converter

K Corbin is right. Most 70's Trillium 1300 didn't have a power converter or 12V battery. They run on either propane or 30 AMP.
If you can locate your spec sheet which is usually in the camper it will tell you everything.

On that note, is it possible to install a 12v, wiring for the interior lights when your dry camping?
ginpow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 05:51 PM   #7

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
They don’t run on 30 amp they run on 120V AC.

On 12v lighting, sure it’s very possible. But you will need to add a power center with a converter, or a converter minimum, along with 11V wiring and 12v fixtures. Even my unit that had a power center and 12v wiring I replaced most of it. With a trailer where the actual body is only ten feet long, it’s not that big of a job. A new power center keeps everything organized and is worth it imho.

+10 Spec sheet inside closet door will tell you what the trailer originally fad. Mine had a PD6911 power center, pretty common back then. Mine never had a battery. Line #7 is gas container. Next line is blank, but mine has typed in Power Converter Pro. Dynamics 6911. It’s just above the middle of the data sheet.

I mainly dry camp so having functioning 12v and later, functioning propane are both very important!
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 05:59 AM   #8

Name: Max
Quebec
My trailer does not have a converter but has both 110v and 12v circuits wired independently. Only 4 lamps and the fridge are wired to the 12v circuit which is powered by the battery. The 110v circuit powers the fridge, the cupboard lamp, a wall outlet under the furnace and the porch light.
I might move the porch light to the 110v circuit since it’s pretty much all I would miss if I go offgrid..
TrilliumMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 09:01 PM   #9

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Time to modernize your electrical system unless you are willing to continue living in the "dark ages"
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 08:02 AM   #10

Name: Tom Young
Trailer: Trillium Manufacturing
Arizona
In 1975, Trilliums did not have power converters. There were 2 electric systems - 12 volt, with no factory supplied battery or wiring, and 120 volt. 12 volt was for interior lighting and refrigerator (if ordered). 120 volt had a larger light fixture over the sink/stove, with standard home light bulbs; and refrigerator wiring (if ordered). Furnace (if ordered), had no fan or 12 volt, as it was a gravity unit. Hot water heater was not a factory option. Also - no water pump, it was a hand pump. If you find anything else, it was modified later by owners or dealers. 1976 had more options & upgrades, and later years had Progressive Dynamics power converters as standard.
TomA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium