Where to buy 2 inch Screw-on Sink/Grey Water Sewer Drain Hose? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2021, 03:34 PM   #1

Name: Tom
Trailer: 1970 Eriba Puck
California
Question Where to buy 2 inch Screw-on Sink/Grey Water Sewer Drain Hose?

Do any of your FG trailers (or tent pop-ups) use a threaded connector +/-2" O.D. Sewer Drain Hose (+/- 1.5" inside diameter) to drain your sink, grey water (or black)?

If so, do you have a source to buy them?

I assume that somebody somewhere sells the drain hose with screw-on attachments to fit these trailers & RV/Class-B waste drain lines.

Both our 1970 Eriba Puck has it on the sink drain pipe, as well as the newly installed grey water tank for 1980-92 VW T3/T25 Vanagon Westfalia Joker/etc. - so I'm on the hunt to get a couple for both vehicles.

See attached pix below - last 2 pix are the Westy tank, & the 1st pic is the Puck's sink drain outlet with white cap ...

Thanx for any help!

Cheers!
Tom
///////
Attached Thumbnails
Puck sink drain 2 inch pic - 20210404_125653.jpg   t3w070814c.jpg  

Westy grey water tank installed with 2 inch drain - 20210404_125345.jpg  
Tom_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 06:25 PM   #2

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
You should see if this works. There are similar products in various sizes. Better yet, I'd check with a VW van forum. Bet they have a better solution.

https://www.amazon.com/GORILLA-Backw...089LTHZJN?th=1
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 12:06 PM   #3

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrifty bill View Post
You should see if this works. There are similar products in various sizes. Better yet, I'd check with a VW van forum. Bet they have a better solution.

https://www.amazon.com/GORILLA-Backw...089LTHZJN?th=1

Thanx for the suggestion Bill, but those are both male threaded end attachments - but both the Westy grey tank & Puck drain are both male, so I'd need female threaded at at least one end.

Also, that sump hose is only for 1.5 & 1.25 inch connectors - but both the Westy tank & Puck drain are 2 inch outside diameter. Most of the other sump hoses that I've seen are only 1.25" or 1.5" connections & hose size as well.

I'm hoping that somebody has a source for a standard pre-made drain hose for these connections - rather than a made-up kluge from other use parts.

So I'm still looking for sources for an actual pre-made 2" threaded sewer drain hose folks!

TIA & Cheers!

Tom
///////
Old 04-05-2021, 12:12 PM   #4
Commercial Member

Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Oregon
I'd go with this female NPT to banjo lock fitting on the vehicles, then make up a hose of appropriate length with a mating banjo fitting. Solid lock and no more screw on hassles. Widely used in industry.

https://www.grainger.com/product/1DP...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design: https://RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 12:35 PM   #5

Name: Kenneth
Trailer: Scamp
Wisconsin
Registry
Check your local farm & barn store

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_T View Post
Do any of your FG trailers (or tent pop-ups) use a threaded connector +/-2" O.D. Sewer Drain Hose (+/- 1.5" inside diameter) to drain your sink, grey water (or black)?
f so, do you have a source to buy them?Cheers!Tom
///////
Search for sprayer hoses. You will find things like this.
https://www.farmandfleet.com/product...rt-shanks.html
AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 03:40 PM   #6

Name: Jack
Trailer: Scamp 13
Massachusetts
Have you checked your local plumbing supply house?
Lockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 03:51 PM   #7

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC0GV View Post
Search for sprayer hoses. You will find things like this.
https://www.farmandfleet.com/product...rt-shanks.html

Thanx Charlie, but I'm looking for a screw fitting, & for that on the hase as a full RV hose assembly.

Cheers!
Tom
///////
Old 04-05-2021, 03:59 PM   #8

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockman View Post
Have you checked your local plumbing supply house?

Yes, but I'm trying to find a source for the actual 2" O.D. trailer/caravan/RV type sewer hose - & not to create something from plumbing, pool, sump, etc. parts.

I'm looking for an actual Trailer/RV Tank Drain Hose with +/- 2" screw-on attachments female on at least 1 end.

Anyone with a source for this type of pre-made 2" O.D. sewer hose?

Our Puck has the stock original cap for it's sink drain, so they must have made them for the UK & Euro markets.

Since this size outlet is used for pop-up tent campers - somebody must make them up ready to go.

Cheers!

Tom
///////
Old 04-05-2021, 05:29 PM   #9

California
Arrow Classic FG Trailer Owners > Clarification on Same Sink/Drain on Our USA Export Puck

So for some background info on our & other USA Export Pucks -

We have the same sink & drain as your 1970s Classic FG Trailer.

The "Export Model" Puck chassis, shell & interior were built in Germany 1955-70 or 71, then moved to France after a factory fire.

The "Export" Pucks were then shipped to the USA to have their Electrical, LP & Plumbing Systems and their Stove, Icebox or Fridge, & Sink etc. finished out with USA products & standards. This was done here in their SoCal plant(s), & I think that ours was finished in El Segundo, & it has the California HCD's RV/Trailer/Mobile-home registration plate/number on the side by the door.

These would be the same plumbing, fixtures, sink & appliances as you would find on the contemporary late 1960s-70s - or for ours 1970 - as the same year Shasta/Canned-Hams, Trillium, etc. built at that time.

Ergo, I would expect that this drain & cap/retainer-strap, etc. on our Puck should be the same as used on the contemporary 1970 FG Trailers who are with owners on here.

That was why I posted it in here - for info from the other Classic/Vintage FG trailer owners - since our USA Puck has the same sink/drain as used on those other USA & Canadian FG Trailers (the VW Westy just happens to have the same size outlet).

So where did you folks get your similar drain hoses for your Vintage or Classic 1970s-ish Scamp, Boler, Atwood, Trillium, Trails West, Casita, Burro, etc. FG Trailers with this same sink drain outlet?

Does anyone have this drain on my Puck in the photo below - under or on the sides of your FG trailer? ... & if so, what sewer drain hose do you use, & where do I get one?

TIA & Cheers!

Tom
///////
Old 04-05-2021, 06:14 PM   #10

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Civilguy View Post
Here's an option that gets you from an RV drain hose to 3" NPT. You can adapt from 3" MNPT to 1-1/2" FNPT with ABS or PVC plastic parts available at most any hardware.

Attachment 140120

Here's another option that just gets you from a 1-1/2" MNPT threaded fitting to a much smaller hose.

Attachment 140121

Thanx for the info Mike.

As per my post #10 above - now that the Admins let it post in - the Puck was originally outfitted in the Eriba SoCal factory with USA spec fittings, appliances & systems - which were the same as those used on 1960s-70's era FG & Canned Ham Trailers.

So what I'm looking for is a source for the OEM supplier type of "out of the box" Sewer Drain Hose that they would've sold & used for that era trailers (& I understand that some current FG & tent trailers still use).

We're trying to keep our 90% original Puck in the originality theme with correct components & accessories.

If I cannot find a source for this size drain hose, then I'm sure that I can figure out how to cobble something else together from standard plumbing etc. parts - being in construction since 1966 & a licensed Architect since 1980.

So these other solutions are not what I'm asking & looking for with this post.

Cheers!

Tom
///////
Old 04-05-2021, 07:18 PM   #11

Name: Mike
Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Puget Sound, WA
Registry
Oh, it sounds like you just need a NOS thing-a-ma-jig to connect to the +/-2" O.D. what-cha-ma-call-it then!

Civilguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 07:54 AM   #12

Name: Alexander
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1300
New Hampshire
All I have been able to find are adapters that go from your 2 inch to a garden hose connection. I will say that all of the vintage trailers I have owned or looked at used a garden hose connection for draining the sink if there were no holding tanks.
Alex Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 09:13 AM   #13

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Just got a message from the OP on another site that there’s some glitch preventing him from logging in here. He is working with the site team to resolve the issue and is grateful for the replies. Keep ‘em coming!

And yes, my Scamp, as well as my family's tent trailer from way back in the 70's, use a standard garden hose fitting on the outside to drain the sink. I don't think this is a fitting commonly used on North American RVs.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 02:15 PM   #14

California
OK - I'm Baaaaack! LOL

Okay, after all sorts of problems with this forum's security system permanently barring me for no legit reason:

<snipped>

vBulletin Message

You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.
Date the ban will be lifted: Never

<end snip>

"Never" WT(H)!?

Thanx to Jon for posting in the interim for me!

Fortunately I never got banned on my other 3 RVLife forums, but apparently their FGRV's IT staff had some kluge solution to people posting links to sports events (?!? ) on here, that had unintended consequences, and I was the collateral damage.

Cheers!
Tom
///////
Old 04-07-2021, 03:49 PM   #15

California
These are what I've found so far

Quote:
Oh, it sounds like you just need a NOS thing-a-ma-jig to connect to the +/-2" O.D. what-cha-ma-call-it then!

Yeah Mike - as Lucille Ball said in the classic "The Long, Long Trailer" movie - a "Thing-a-ma-jig"!

It seems like they should have a pre-made 2" screw-on RV/Trailer/Caravan Waste Water Hose out there which is collapsible, like the 3" Sewer Hoses we use on our 1960 Avion T20 - which has the typical Black + Gray Water Dual Gated Valve.

I had done a lot of research prior to posting for help on here, and these are the 2 best non-OE drain hose options of the trailer/caravan & RV type of gray waste water drain hose options that I'd found so far.

1. - As Jon & Alex posted above - I can use a 2" Screw-on Cap with the standard threaded Garden Hose adapter on it, then connect the garden type hose to this adapter for the standard RV Park Sewer Connection. These below are at Amazon, but also sold at Camping World etc.

Valterra 2" (?) Sink Drain/Waste Water Tank end Hose Adapter Cap:

https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-T01-...030453NM&psc=1

Camco Sewer End Adapter:

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-39111-W...74701277&psc=1

Above with Foam Adapter Plug:

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-39322-W...002F676O&psc=1

Valterra Grey Hose for Waste Water:

https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-W01-...006MTRIS&psc=1

Camco Camper Kit with all but the 2" Adapter Cap & includes Foam Sewer Adapter Plug:

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-44721-P...02OUMWUA&psc=1

Also - Home Depot, Camping World, etc. also carry both brass & plastic "Y" connections so I can connect both the Puck's drain hose & the Westy's drain hose to the one sewer pipe adapter whenever we might camp with both sinks in action.

Additionally, I can get the typical garden hose repair replacement male & female hose connector ends at HD etc. - & cut 2 shorter lengths from the above 25' 1/2" grey waste water hose, & then add the replacement male & female connectors to each end, & make up a full 2-into-1 drain hose set-up.

So certainly I could make up a grey water kit using the typical 1/2" hose & other parts above. However, that's still a big kit which doesn't collapse into a small carrying size (always a plus in small trailers & Class Bs) - & only the hose can coil.

As noted above, the flat hose above & roll-up flattened garden hose types tend not to drain well for grey water - so not a good alternative.

2. - However, I have also found a UK made flexible & collapsible 29.5 mm (+/- 1-5/16") Waste Drain Line Kit with an adapter up to 50 mm for "older caravans" - but it's friction sealed push fit.

https://colapz.co.uk/collections/flexi-waste-pipes

It's a neat kit, & is a definite back-up solution for both our Puck & Westy, & I can use their 2-into-1 accessory when we camp with both the Puck & Westy.

For those of you with newer FG Trailers, this might be a perfect fit for the 29.5 mm diameter trailer drain hook-up used on caravans/trailers & RVs in the UK & EU since 2000.

Ergo, I do have some workable alternatives to an original equipment type of screw-on 2" ribbed collapsible waste water drain hose that I remember seeing by small trailers, tent trailers & camper vans at campgrounds in the 1960s-70s.

But if possible I'd like to find something that is the Vintage Originality Correct 2" screw-on connectors with a collapsible hose.

Much Thanx for the suggestions so far - & let me know if you have any other ideas, suggestions, solutions, or one of the old school 2" waste water drain hoses - or a source for them.

I may end up with one of the above options, but hopefully they will also be helpful for other members on here looking for waste water drain hose solutions too.

Cheers!
Tom
///////
Old 04-07-2021, 04:01 PM   #16

California
Arrow Still on Hunt for Vintage Trailer/RV OE type drain hose

While I do have the above workable alternatives to an original equipment type of screw-on 2" ribbed collapsable waste water drain hose that I remember seeing by small trailers, tent trailers & camper vans at campgrounds in the 1960s-70s - I'm still on the hunt for a vintage/classic trailer/RV original type drain hose/connectors set-up.

So if possible I'd like to find something that is the Vintage Originality Correct 2" screw-on connectors with a collapsible hose - being a CW from the Porsche Concours arena (don't get too excited - theirs is mainly a cleaning & detailing contest nowadays).

That way we can display our Puck (& Westy when it's the TV) with period correct form & fittings for that vintage flavor!

The photo below was with both our 1970 Puck & 1988 VW Westy at the big March 2019 Ocean Mesa Vintage Trailer Rally (315+ vintage trailers/RVs etc.).

Cheers!
Tom
///////
Attached Thumbnails
20190316_131545 (2).jpg  
Old 04-07-2021, 04:10 PM   #17

California
Ooops - that was Ocean Mesa in the post above.

Here's both our 1970 Puck & 1988 VW Westy at the big May 2019 Pismo Vintage Trailer Rally (315+ vintage trailers/RVs etc.) - the set-up is more visible at this camp site.

We won't be at Pismo next month, but already have our Rez for 2022 - so stop by then & say Hi!
Cheers!
Tom
///////
Attached Thumbnails
Puck & Westy at Pismo 2019 - 20190518_115629 (3).jpg  
Old 04-07-2021, 04:28 PM   #18

Name: Mike
Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Puget Sound, WA
Registry
So, the objective is to guide the drainage to a sewer connection at a site or a dump station? Not just a short run from sink to portable container? Is this correct?

I guess we are fortunate in having no OE or "period-correct" constraints. We use a dedicated 5/8" x 25' gray-colored garden hose connected to this adaptor. The adaptor replaces the standard cap on our dump manifold, so there's no storage required for that part.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Camco 39463 Sewer Cap.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	140155
We don't use the black water facilities, so it's a simple solution which is easily rinsed and cleaned when necessary. There's no "supporting" required to facilitate gravity drainage while in use. I just lift the trailer-end of the hose when disconnecting and coiling for travel and it drains completely. We coil the hose and connect it to itself in a loop so it doesn't leak while stored for travel.

The kit with the corrugated pipes and metal "stake" supports looks to be a bit overwrought. What if the ground is rocky? Sandy? How would the hose be kept clean? How would it be sealed from smelling things up while stored in transit?

Civilguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 05:27 PM   #19

California
Quote:
So, the objective is to guide the drainage to a sewer connection at a site or a dump station? Not just a short run from sink to portable container? Is this correct?

I guess we are fortunate in having no OE or "period-correct" constraints. We use a dedicated 5/8" x 25' gray-colored garden hose connected to this adaptor. The adaptor replaces the standard cap on our dump manifold, so there's no storage required for that part.
Attachment 140155
We don't use the black water facilities, so it's a simple solution which is easily rinsed and cleaned when necessary. There's no "supporting" required to facilitate gravity drainage while in use. I just lift the trailer-end of the hose when disconnecting and coiling for travel and it drains completely. We coil the hose and connect it to itself in a loop so it doesn't leak while stored for travel.

The kit with the corrugated pipes and metal "stake" supports looks to be a bit overwrought. What if the ground is rocky? Sandy? How would the hose be kept clean? How would it be sealed from smelling things up while stored in transit?

Mike -

The OE Vintage thing is a goal for us.

But really - it seems like some smart RV supplier should still be making easy to use collapsible sewer hoses with 2" screw-on fittings as a plug-n-play solution for both new tent-trailers, truck-bed campers - as well as for those of us with older pre-2000 trailers using those waste water fittings.

It's just silly to have to do this type of convoluted drain hose stuff just to cobble something together - that's just stupid IMHO! <_<

It depends upon the specific situation: whether I'm draining the grey waste water directly to the campsite sewer hook-up, into the nearby landscape as recycled irrigation water (it's only 1 sink each in Puck &/or Westy)

I have that same 3" cap with 1/2" hose on our Avion, & use it to drain grey water only when camping & at home - & usually just drain the sink water into landscaping.

The Avion only has a Black Water holding tank, so whenever we do the full hook-up at campsites so equipped, I hook-up with the Grey Water side open during the stay - & then I empty the black water tank at the end of the stay & rinse out well, & stow the 3" sewer lines in the Avion's bumper.

Since 1988 I've either drained the Westy sink into a collapsible container or else use a 1/2" hose into landscaping where not objectionable for using recycling of irrigation water. It was a bit of a pain at freeway Rest Stops or Truck/Travel Centers when we'd stop to fix a meal, sleep, etc. - where I'd have to collect & dump the collapsible container every time.

So when Westfalia began reproducing the grey water holding tanks for the Westfalia Campers - I jumped at the chance to add one in in order to hold sink water in those above stop situations, &/or at campgrounds who didn't permit draining into the landscape as recycled irrigation water.

It never was much of a problem recycling sink water for irrigation before, but some places are restricting it more in recent years - which is really shortsighted here in CA with ongoing drought conditions.

I'm sure as a CE that you've done many projects in the past 2+ decades with the Lavender Irrigation Recycling Piping on site. Same idea with our campers historically draining or dumping dishwater into the plants around the campsite - so long as not using harsh soap/cleaners/etc. in the water, & so long as no major refuse matter.

As for the Colapz kit - keeping it clean with grey water from your sink would be no different than with your 1/2" garden hose set-up - except the kit comes with a cleaning brush on a chain to pull through the pipes to clean them out. Additionally, you can keep them in a plastic bag twist-tied inside the kit's bag I suppose.

As for the support hooks/stakes - I don't know what you mean by "overwrought" - because they're pretty simple & functional.

I can't speak 1st hand for use in hard or soft soil, but the Brits who did reviews said they worked well in both types. But then hard soil in the UK is a lot different than our "Hardpan" here in SoCal & the Southwest, and soft sand is soft sand anywhere - so they may not work in too loose sand.

If you've been lucky enough to never have an uneven campsite where any type or size of drain hose on the ground, then that's great. But we've often had more uneven, rough & rustic sites where drainage would not happen without lifting some sections to maintain flow (you know the CE/ME 1/4" per foot rule).

As for never using your black water facilities in your Escape 21 - just wait, you will! at some point.

BTW - I also like your prior Q5 + Casita rig! I know some folks pulling smaller Airstreams & Vintage Kin Silver Twinkies with Q5s, & love it.
Cheers!
Tom
///////
Old 04-07-2021, 05:39 PM   #20

California
Sewer Hose Stowage Bumper on our Puck

BTW folks - I'm not crazy on a wild goose hunt!

They did make the 2" sewer hose for these USA finished Pucks - because our Puck has the +/- 2" square rear bumper storage for it - & note the black knob closure for the end cap.

See attached pic below.

Tom
///////
Attached Thumbnails
8572 (3).jpeg