Which toilet - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-15-2020, 06:41 AM   #1

Name: Vic
Trailer: Trillium
Ontario
Which toilet

Does anyone have any tips on which toilet I should get for my 1979 Trillium 4500. I'm a single guy hitting the road shortly. How much capacity should it have? Brands? Any info would be helpful. Thanks.
Vic Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 06:52 AM   #2

Name: Lyle
Trailer: Scamp 16, previously Scamp 13
None
Consider Composting

I am very satisfied with my C-head composting toilet. Many advantages over a conventional RV toilet, a relatively few disadvantages.

Do some searching for the many threads that are available, but beware of the "experts" who have no actual experience with a composting toilet but insist on denigrating them or comparing them to an "outhouse". The C-head has a very simple install, and is the lowest priced of the Manufactured composters.

https://www.c-head.com/

Here is one recent thread:

https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...uxe-91614.html
LyleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 10:22 AM   #3

Name: John
Trailer: 1979 Boler 1700
Michigan
Registry
If you are looking for a portable toilet right now, they are in short supply. I was able to order a Porta Potti 135 from Westmarine. Everyone else was out of stock.
John in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 06:28 AM   #4

Ontario
Thank you Lyle. Appreciate your time.
Old 08-17-2020, 07:10 AM   #5

Name: Perry
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ
Lanesboro, Minnesota, between Whalan and Fountain
Over the years we've had a number of cheap porta-potties. They broke, wouldn't flush, leaked, or were hard to dump. After seeing a number of recommendations, seven years ago we purchased a Sanitation Equipment Visa Potty and it works perfectly. When we sold our Casita and got a built-in bathroom in our Escape we gave that potty to my sister-in-law and it still works perfect today.

We purchased a second one for the condo I spent three years building. It was used at least 200 days every year by construction workers, friends and myself. I had to go down three flights of stairs to empty (was asked not to take it on the elevator) and never a issue. I sold it used for $90 after the plumbing had final approval.

Once every spring you just take the plunger out (don't worry it's in the sterile half) and grease it. That's all the maintenance it's needed.

It is spendy, but after our previous experience with porta-potties was worth every penny.

Enjoy,

Perry

Previous Eggs -2018 Escape 5.0 TA, 2001 Scamp 16' Side Bath, 2007 Casita 17' Spirit basic, no bath, water or tanks, 2003 Bigfoot 25B25RQ, that we regreted selling
Perryb67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 09:58 AM   #6

Ontario
Thank you Perry. Very helpful. Did you build the vehicle in your ID photo? Are they wheels from a children's stroller?