Windows that don't shut all the way tight?? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2010, 11:06 PM   #1

Trailer: 1976 Surfside TM14
The 1976 surfside that we just bought has glass louvered windows with little handles that turn to shut them, but.... they all turn and ALMOST close all the way, just not completely tight. This won't do, so is it a problem with the handles, the screws, or I just don't know what? I would love to know if this problem is fixable or if i have to start looking for new windows. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks again, Kathy
Kathy Provost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 06:07 AM   #2

Trailer: Boler 1300 1973
Registry
You can try to put a little bit of WD40 on all the moving parts, it may help ?
Old 06-02-2010, 09:49 AM   #3

Trailer: Boler 1300 1977 (#2033 L EGGO)
Quote:
The 1976 surfside that we just bought has glass louvered windows with little handles that turn to shut them, but.... they all turn and ALMOST close all the way, just not completely tight. This won't do, so is it a problem with the handles, the screws, or I just don't know what? I would love to know if this problem is fixable or if i have to start looking for new windows. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks again, Kathy
Hi Kathy,

This is a common occurance. As a temporary solution (8 years and counting) I use a large binder-clip, with removable squeezers, to secure the bottom pane to the frame, outside, to keep the window from flapping while driving. When stationary, the small gap provides nice, dry ventilation even in the rain.

Des
Des Nolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:01 AM   #4

Quote:
You can try to put a little bit of WD40 on all the moving parts, it may help ?

Thank you , that is a simple idea that I haven't tried, just might work.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:05 AM   #5

Quote:
Hi Kathy,

This is a common occurance. As a temporary solution (8 years and counting) I use a large binder-clip, with removable squeezers, to secure the bottom pane to the frame, outside, to keep the window from flapping while driving. When stationary, the small gap provides nice, dry ventilation even in the rain.

Des
I thought this might be a common occurance, and your solution is very practical. I will try to fix it first, and if not fixable , maybe the clip idea will do for now, (or for 8 years, lol)

Tags
windows