wiring diagram for a u haul traveltrailer - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2017, 09:46 AM   #1

Name: Robert
Trailer: currently shopping
Ontario
wiring diagram for a u haul traveltrailer

I was hoping someone might have a wiring diagram for a 13 Ft. U haul camper travel trailer.
Robert Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 10:40 AM   #2

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
What wiring do you need info about, exterior lights, interior 12 volt, interior 110? If you go into the document center on the home page here, then all the way down to the bottom where trailer manufacturers are listed, click on Uhaul, and there will be a list of available documents. The repair manual and the parts manual are there. Parts are not available, but you get to see some drawings of what there is.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 10:49 AM   #3

Name: Robert
Trailer: currently shopping
Ontario
U Haul wiring diagram

I was not clear on my request for a wiring diagram. I require the exterior, tail lights, side lights ,turn signals etc.
Robert Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 11:41 AM   #4

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
OK Robert, but remember on a 30 plus year old trailer it may have been changed. Originally there were two wire cords that came out of the tongue, one on each side of it at the front. One cord was for the left tail / stop / turn light and left marker lights. Other cord did the right tail / stop / turn light and right marker lights. If you still have those original wire cords you want to examine them closely, especially under the trailer because with age the rubber covering can crack and bare wire can be exposed. The reason for the two wire cords is that Uhaul had special tail light bulbs they would install in the rental customers vehicle , those bulbs had short wires attached that the trailer wires would plug into. Tap-A Light is what they were called. For modern vehicles where you have a 4 wire flat plug you can connect the appropriate wires on the trailer to a matching 4 wire plug. Or what I did was take it all out, run my 4 wires from the tongue back under the trailer, up inside below the closet, back to the right tail light, then across the rear inside to the left tail light. The marker light wires usually drop down on the center of the trailer sides, by the closet and under the sink area. Another odd thing, assuming you have the original tail lights is; the upper bulb (amber section of the lens) is for the turn signal and is a two filament bulb socket, but only one filament of the bulb is used so one wire does not get connected.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 07:21 PM   #5

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
If you check in the files section of this group, there are a couple of manuals for Uhauls. One is a repair manual and the other is parts. You might find that they come in handy.
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote