Zero-clearance tongue jack? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-01-2020, 04:47 PM   #1

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Question Zero-clearance tongue jack?

I park our Scamp, tongue-up, in our slanted driveway. I'd like to be able to easily nearly completely lower the tongue so that the trailer will sit nearly level. That is, lower it onto a 2x6 slab of outdoor wood. Is there a good, easily installed, zero-clearance, tongue jack that you'd recommend. It's a 13' Scamp so tongue weight is minimal. Thank you.
Mike J. L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 05:27 PM   #2

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike J. L. View Post
I park our Scamp, tongue-up, in our slanted driveway. I'd like to be able to easily nearly completely lower the tongue so that the trailer will sit nearly level. That is, lower it onto a 2x6 slab of outdoor wood. Is there a good, easily installed, zero-clearance, tongue jack that you'd recommend. It's a 13' Scamp so tongue weight is minimal. Thank you.
E-trailer website is where i got mine. It barely extends below the frame of the trailer when fully raised.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 07:42 PM   #3

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
The Ultimate Trailer Jack might work. I have one so that I can open the tailgate on the van when connected to the trailer. It has the usual jack pipe that cranks up and down, but also the entire housing can be adjusted up or down, so there is a large range of motion. IDK how easy it would be to install on your trailer. On my 16 it was easy... only needed to modify a washer that at first did not fit.
But I would be more worried about the trailer parked on a slope. I hope you have really good wheel chocks or blocks (curbs).
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 03:22 PM   #4

Name: Tim
Trailer: '88 Scamp 16, layout 4
North Florida
I put an Ultimate Jack on my Scamp and use it just as you describe. My favorite campsite is very sloped and requires me to drop the tongue almost to the ground to level the trailer. The ultimate allows this along with less jacking at home, I really like it.

It is a benefit of the smaller trailers, and a willingness to utilize poorer campsites that has given us some great camping in places others had to pass on.
Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 05:33 PM   #5

Name: Frederick
Trailer: 1974 Perris Valley Pacer
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike J. L. View Post

I second the Ultimate Trailer Jack! I was having issues with the jack post bottoming out on driveway dips especially gas stations. Before finding this I was even considering adding blocks between the jack and frame to raise it up. This solution is much cleaner and even allows me to attach and remove a 6” wheel while I’m hitched. My Perris Pacer has an A frame tongue. The jack required a 90 degree rotation to avoid the pin hitting my propane tank. Aside from having to drill a new bolt hole it was straight forward to install. I found this at Tractor Supply Co. for much less than eTrailer. Cheers!
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1606951973.787353.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	138598Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1606951994.444158.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	138599
Fredomatic is offline   Reply With Quote