10 1/2 x 3 tail light - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-03-2017, 12:01 PM   #1
Member
 
philtripp's Avatar
 
Name: Phil
Trailer: Ventura
Manitoba
Posts: 62
10 1/2 x 3 tail light

Anybody have a source for a taillight of this size? It seems that Im having a hard time tracking some down. Its for my 74 Ventura.
__________________

philtripp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 02:42 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
rbryan's Avatar
 
Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2018 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB SuperCrew
Arkansas
Posts: 1,300
Registry
Can you use an 8" wide light instead since it's surface mounted? This seems to be the common width for the 70s style rectangular lights.
__________________

__________________
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy an RV. And that is pretty close."
rbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 02:44 PM   #3
Member
 
philtripp's Avatar
 
Name: Phil
Trailer: Ventura
Manitoba
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan View Post
Can you use an 8" wide light instead since it's surface mounted? This seems to be the common width for the 70s style rectangular lights.


Yeah an 8 would work. The only issue is that there is a flat spot in the fiberglass for the original lights. Anything smaller and you would clearly see that they dont fit. Perhaps Im just being too picky
philtripp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 02:48 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
rbryan's Avatar
 
Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2018 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB SuperCrew
Arkansas
Posts: 1,300
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by philtripp View Post
Yeah an 8 would work. The only issue is that there is a flat spot in the fiberglass for the original lights. Anything smaller and you would clearly see that they dont fit. Perhaps Im just being too picky
Perhaps if you centered the lights on the flat spot it would look better. I doubt anyone would notice. The good thing is, since you're replacing them, there are now plenty of LED 8" lights available. No more replacing bulbs.
__________________
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy an RV. And that is pretty close."
rbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 02:50 PM   #5
Member
 
philtripp's Avatar
 
Name: Phil
Trailer: Ventura
Manitoba
Posts: 62
Yeah LED would be great! But Id take the proper fit its incandescent bulbs if I could find it.
philtripp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 11:25 AM   #6
Member
 
MurrayC's Avatar
 
Name: MURRAY
Trailer: Ventura
British Columbia (BC)
Posts: 92
lights

Phil
I am redoing a 76 Ventura. All my lights need replaced except the these ones.
If the new ones are slightly smaller, I wouldn't worry. Centre them on the flat spot and don't look back. Nobody else will know the difference. IF I ever see you eye will let you know eye know.
Go and enjoy.
MurrayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 11:27 AM   #7
Member
 
philtripp's Avatar
 
Name: Phil
Trailer: Ventura
Manitoba
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayC View Post
Phil

I am redoing a 76 Ventura. All my lights need replaced except the these ones.

If the new ones are slightly smaller, I wouldn't worry. Centre them on the flat spot and don't look back. Nobody else will know the difference. IF I ever see you eye will let you know eye know.

Go and enjoy.


I think thats gonna be the ticket. I will only spend so long searching the earth for an item!
philtripp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 06:04 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Name: Richard
Trailer: 1980 Trillium 4500
Ontario
Posts: 11
Registry
10 1/2 X 3 inch tail light

My 80 Trillium has a bigger tail light 3" X 13" I was able to replace those.
I realize they are bigger but would cover all sins that exist providing your surface is flat.
Mine were Trillium NOS. 1980
Dick0736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 06:09 PM   #9
Member
 
philtripp's Avatar
 
Name: Phil
Trailer: Ventura
Manitoba
Posts: 62
Sadly it cannot be any larger than 10 1/2 x 3. They designed flat areas into the fiberglass for these specific lights.
philtripp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 06:24 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Posts: 1,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by philtripp View Post
Anybody have a source for a taillight of this size? It seems that Im having a hard time tracking some down. Its for my 74 Ventura.
:Pictures are a big help
S.
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 07:08 PM   #11
Member
 
philtripp's Avatar
 
Name: Phil
Trailer: Ventura
Manitoba
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by stude View Post
:Pictures are a big help

S.


This is the best picture that I have...Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6801.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	313.8 KB
ID:	114339
philtripp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 07:23 PM   #12
Junior Member
 
Name: Richard
Trailer: 1980 Trillium 4500
Ontario
Posts: 11
Registry
Yes, they look like mine but smaller. I bought a pair locally but ended up too small, returned them and got the nos trilliums. If I have time tomorrow I'll go and measure the ones I returned.
Dick0736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 12:07 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Posts: 1,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by philtripp View Post
This is the best picture that I have...Attachment 114339
:I saw two of those for sale on Vancouver Craigslist the other day.
stude
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 12:19 AM   #14
Member
 
philtripp's Avatar
 
Name: Phil
Trailer: Ventura
Manitoba
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by stude View Post
:I saw two of those for sale on Vancouver Craigslist the other day.

stude


Post the links? Im curious what they look like.
philtripp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 02:38 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Posts: 1,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by philtripp View Post
Post the links? Im curious what they look like.
:looked just like the ones your looking at and I went looking last night and could not find them to put in here. Worst part is trying to transfer as I have to learn to use my Web Mail as my other plan up and died on me, so now it is a new learning curve again and pretty tough when you get older.
Stude
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 02:53 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
ststefan's Avatar
 
Name: Steve
Trailer: 1979 Boler1700
Maple Ridge, B.C.
Posts: 365
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by stude View Post
:looked just like the ones your looking at and I went looking last night and could not find them to put in here. Worst part is trying to transfer as I have to learn to use my Web Mail as my other plan up and died on me, so now it is a new learning curve again and pretty tough when you get older.
Stude
Here's the post I think.

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/...400690752.html
ststefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 11:36 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Posts: 1,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by ststefan View Post
:today I was in Princess Auto and I know Manitoba has them to as it is Canuck. In the USA it is Harbor Freight similar but prices are cheaper in the USA but same products etc. and they both have real good warranties on their products. Anyway as I was saying I was in there and they had some similar Tail Lights that you could look at, I believe I saw them in the Surplus section.
That Sawsall that Harbor Freight sells is the best one I have ever found for $19.99 man that item was like the bunny, batter and the drum just never quit working.
Stude
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 05:24 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Posts: 1,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by stude View Post
:today I was in Princess Auto and I know Manitoba has them to as it is Canuck. In the USA it is Harbor Freight similar but prices are cheaper in the USA but same products etc. and they both have real good warranties on their products. Anyway as I was saying I was in there and they had some similar Tail Lights that you could look at, I believe I saw them in the Surplus section.
That Sawsall that Harbor Freight sells is the best one I have ever found for $19.99 man that item was like the bunny, batter and the drum just never quit working.
Stude
Go to the Vancouver Craigslist ID#6409911380 and hit enter it should bring up the lights for you to peruse.
Stude
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 09:53 AM   #19
Junior Member
 
Name: Richard
Trailer: 1980 Trillium 4500
Ontario
Posts: 11
Registry
Tail lights

Phil; I said I would check my supplier for tail lights as I thought he had some.
What he had left is 10 1/2 X 3 1/8 but only lenses. In tail lights 2 3/4 X 8 in either LED or Incandescent.
I asked about tail lights in the bigger size but they are very old stock and no longer available.
Sorry about that.
Dick
Dick0736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 10:23 AM   #20
Member
 
philtripp's Avatar
 
Name: Phil
Trailer: Ventura
Manitoba
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick0736 View Post
Phil; I said I would check my supplier for tail lights as I thought he had some.

What he had left is 10 1/2 X 3 1/8 but only lenses. In tail lights 2 3/4 X 8 in either LED or Incandescent.

I asked about tail lights in the bigger size but they are very old stock and no longer available.

Sorry about that.

Dick


Thanks for looking into that anyway!
__________________

philtripp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
light


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
u haul - tail light cover Tom Stewart Classified Archives 4 04-18-2006 09:49 AM
LED Tail Light Princess Auto Alan P. Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 16 02-13-2006 06:55 PM
7" Round Tail Light Frederick L. Simson Classified Archives 0 12-14-2005 07:48 PM
need tail light Legacy Posts Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 8 04-12-2003 07:36 AM
Tail light lens help! General Chat 0 01-01-1970 12:00 AM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
×