13' Scamp, Fiamma canopy, and side leg mounts - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2014, 11:51 AM   #1

Name: Lee
Trailer: Scamp 13'
Utah
13' Scamp, Fiamma canopy, and side leg mounts

So, has anyone approached this? On Scamp's site, there is mention of some damage to a few awnings so they no longer install the leg mounts on the side of the scamp. But they still include the hardware for self-install.

So, has anyone installed these brackets? The 'feet' on the poles don't twist much, so it appears the brackets would have to be mounted a bit higher on the side of the scamp where the body flattens out.

I would think these mounts could damage the Scamp, but not the awning. But awning damage what was cursorily mentioned.

So, anyone jumped in yet?

Lee in Ohio, but really Utah, so I should change that sig...
Lee in Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 01:29 PM   #2

Don't know about ur scamp, but was wondering where u got ur Fiamma awning? Dealers seem impossible to find. Guess I could order direct. Thx

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
wthegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 02:25 PM   #3

Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, TV:Tacoma 3.5L 4door, SB
Colorado
I do not know the brand of awning that my 2004 Scamp used to have, but when I bought it two years ago the awning was gone. I think it was damaged and not replaced. It still has the brackets on the roof. Those plastic brackets were in a baggie with various hardware and such. It took me a while to figure out what they were. I understand that some people do not want to have them attached to the shell and only rest the awning supports on the ground. I myself would not want to drill any more holes in the shell than absolutely necessary.
Paul O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 02:54 PM   #4

Name: Lissie
Trailer: Scamp
Minnesota
I have the Fiamma and didn't install the mounts. Works fine without them so "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" is my attitude.
LissieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 11:15 AM   #5

Name: Lee
Trailer: Scamp 13'
Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by wthegg View Post
Don't know about ur scamp, but was wondering where u got ur Fiamma awning? Dealers seem impossible to find. Guess I could order direct. Thx

The awning came with my pre-owned Scamp. Previous owner had it custom made and picked it up from the factory. I'm almost positive it was Scamp installed and not aftermarket. I would contact Scamp, perhaps they have inventory or a source.
Lee in Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 06:48 PM   #6

Name: Jerry
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by wthegg View Post

Bought mine from Scamp.
Jerry Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 07:51 PM   #7

Name: JD
Trailer: Scamp 16 Modified (BIGLY)
Florida
I installed the bottom clips on my Scamp and I bought some vinyl boards from Lowe's and carved them to fit the curvature of the shell and reinforced the back side as well. Depending on the length of the awning you might have to make a different bracket for the front. In my case I mounted my front bracket on the frame that I had extended earlier.
I find that the brackets provide a better attachment than just sitting the legs on the ground. If you added tiedowns they might be better than the clips, but for those brief gusts the clips have served me well. For more than brief as well and some pretty big gusts.
I would not leave the awning out unless I was pretty sure that a storm was not coming!
redbarron55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 07:53 PM   #8

Name: Kenneth
Wisconsin
Registry
Walls are to thin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee in Ohio View Post
So, has anyone installed these brackets? The 'feet' on the poles don't twist much, so it appears the brackets would have to be mounted a bit higher on the side of the scamp where the body flattens out.Lee in Ohio, but really Utah, so I should change that sig...
I nail them down with tent steaks for short stays and add 1" load straps with screw in dog ties for longer stays. I also set up with the awning sloped two ways to direct the water back and away.
AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 08:17 PM   #9

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Mine came with the brackets 18 years ago.
They are still floating around the shop somewhere.
One thing I don't like about attaching the legs to the trailer is that they interfere with opening the door and I hate dodging them every time I approach the trailer from either end.
I Have a Scamp13 so I usually place the legs on either end of the picnic table then use a bungee cord on each leg to attach it to the table.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp