1975 Boler Complete Restoration....my once in a lifetime project! - Page 11 - Fiberglass RV
Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2021, 08:38 AM   #201

Name: Shannon
Trailer: 1975 13' Boler
British Columbia
Back to protecting and hiding the wiring and electronics. "Junction boxes", split wire loom and a custom shelf in the closet and lower galley cabinet.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1550.jpg   IMG_1553.jpg  

IMG_1556.jpg   IMG_1557.jpg  

Shanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 03:59 PM   #202

Name: Ferris
Trailer: Boler
Saskatchewan
We have a 17’ Boler and think this is the year to do our Reno. We are missing half the elephant skin, and naturally without knowing more I thought spray foam would be a good solution. After reading all of the relevant comments about that, this seems like the one application / method where spray foam was appropriate and would work well. Good for you for getting this done! Looking forward to seeing the finished product.
FerrisBoler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 08:16 AM   #203

British Columbia
I think the spray foam is the best for insulation. The tricky part is how to cover
Old 05-02-2021, 02:16 PM   #204

Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: 1978 Earlton boler 1700 RGH
Ontario
Registry
You have a new used trailer, wonderful pictures great work.
Old 05-02-2021, 02:24 PM   #205

Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: 1978 Earlton boler 1700 RGH
Ontario
Registry
Insulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisBoler View Post
We have a 17’ Boler and think this is the year to do our Reno. We are missing half the elephant skin, and naturally without knowing more I thought spray foam would be a good solution. After reading all of the relevant comments about that, this seems like the one application / method where spray foam was appropriate and would work well. Good for you for getting this done! Looking forward to seeing the finished product.
One fix is to paste closed cell 1/4" or 5/16" foam sheets to wall and spray with water downed white truck bed liner. The project I viewed may have been on this site looked like new encilite insulated trailer when done. They had it down to the shell do not know how they held the roof up while spraying the shell. Best part is it could look original when done. Do not think it would work for you though. love your cabinet work.
Old 05-02-2021, 10:50 PM   #206

British Columbia
Thanks Borden! Yes, there's not too much original left of this trailer!
Cheers,
Shannon
Old 05-03-2021, 11:43 AM   #207

Name: Eric
Trailer: Boler
TN
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borden View Post
One fix is to paste closed cell 1/4" or 5/16" foam sheets to wall and spray with water downed white truck bed liner. The project I viewed may have been on this site looked like new encilite insulated trailer when done. They had it down to the shell do not know how they held the roof up while spraying the shell. Best part is it could look original when done. Do not think it would work for you though. love your cabinet work.
Great idea, only thing you would want to find a different texture material because the bed liner uses a granulated rubber which produces sharp edges. I would look for some sort of micro bead or Styrofoam beads from a bean bag.
Eric Frye is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler