1981 Perris Pacer project - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2015, 01:05 PM   #61

Name: Sarah
Trailer: 1984 13' Scamp named "Ramblin Rose"
Texas
Registry
Looks pretty amazing so far - I've love to see more pictures of the finished kitchen set up, the only ones in this thread were earlier "in progress" shots
sarahspins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 05:27 PM   #62

Name: Steph
Trailer: Perris Pacer 13'
California
Registry
Thanks Sarah.

I'll post some "kitchen" pictures soon, well, at least what's left of it
We removed the fridge and stove top/hood, put in a new sink, faucet and small microwave
etc.....
We're going to use a small BBQ for cooking.

We're planning on using the trailer mainly as a tailgater, overnighter and
all around beach hang hangout.
ratty3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 05:17 PM   #63

California
Registry
Kitchentte

Here are a couple of quick snaps of the kitchenette Sarah. We only have a sink and a microwave left. Sometimes we'll put a small flat screen T.V. in place of the coffeemaker. The "books" on the little counter are storage boxes I'll use for napkins, keys, misc stuff that tends to get lost when camping....

Sorry the kitchenette is cut in half, I couldn't get it in the same picture and still be able to see any detail. The sun was beating in the garage and I just couldn't take being out there for too long

Still some last minute stuff/details to complete in the inside, should be finished by this weekend. YIPPEE, finally!!!!! My husband and I lived to tell the tale!LOL
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1054.JPG   IMG_1056.JPG  

Old 04-01-2015, 12:02 PM   #64

California
Registry
privacy for night time

DH fashioned these little clips out of some metal he had and attached them to some the screws that hold the interior beauty ring onto the windows. He then cut a piece of Reflectex to the appropriate size of the window, ran some elastic paratrooper cord to the clips and "woosh," it worked. Holds the Reflectex securely over the windows for night time. Super easy to put up and take down, fits really great.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1061.JPG   IMG_1064.JPG  

IMG_1063.JPG  
Old 04-01-2015, 07:32 PM   #65

Name: Sarah
Trailer: 1984 13' Scamp named "Ramblin Rose"
Texas
Registry
I adore the aluminum trim on your cabinet doors, and great idea with the reflectix

My scamp had some snap studs already installed around the side and door window trim, so I made "snap on" reflectix shades last summer... super easy, and VERY effective. I still need to install some studs on the trim around my escape hatch when I put the trim back up so I can easily do the same there as well.
sarahspins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 02:32 PM   #66

Name: Sharon
Trailer: 1995 16 ft Scamp
Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratty3 View Post
Thanks. Rick, we used 3M-90 for the insulation and hulliner. We used E-6000 (tubes, not spray)for the faux tin tiles on the ceiling. The E-6000 does come in a pump style spray form, but for some reason, doesn't seem to work well.

I don't mind the the short pile hulliner for the walls, but wasn't keen on it for the ceiling. Hulliner will be a "fallback" for the ceiling, but still open to alternatives for the ceiling.
Your windows were out when you put the fabric on the walls? We're ready for this step in the gutted Scamp we bought in November 2014 and I'm still so on the fence about this.... I hope to get an estimate from an upholstery shop in the next week or so (we've been playing telephone tag) but I *think* we could possibly do it ourselves--if we just took it up to--but not under--the gaskets around the windows. I keep wondering if there's another/better alternative than rat fur or hull liner. The insulation is still on the walls and ceiling.
artrageous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 03:09 PM   #67

California
Registry
Sharon, we went through the whole "rat fur/ hulliner" debate too, been there, done that.
We settled on the short pile hulliner and I actually like it now, it looks very "pro" in my opinion. We do have the faux ceiling tiles, so far so good with that.

All of the windows were out except for the large front and back plexi windows (both the front and back windows already had the new rubber gaskets that we recently installed a couple of months prior). I am finishing the front and back today. I rolled under the hulliner along the outer edge of the rubber gaskets, looks nice, neat and even, I was very surprised. I will leave them alone overnight to take shape and then glue them sometime tomorrow. There is no way that my husband nor myself could have gotten the hulliner under the rubber gaskets, that would have been a nightmare. Maybe there is someone out there that has the skill or technique to put the rubber gasket over the wall covering, but that "someone" was not us.

The windows on this little camper have been a thorn in our sides
Old 04-03-2015, 03:29 PM   #68

Virginia
Thanks so much for the reply! I was just out sitting in the Scamp, pondering options! There's still some rat fur stuck around the back windows that needs to be trimmed off and as thick as it is, I just don't think I'd have success putting that up. The hull liner that I've seen (on how-to-install videos) seems to be thinner and maybe even a bit stretchier or more forgiving.

But while sitting there, contemplating how I'd tackle this project, I decided that I could probably do it. We're already over-budget (with so much yet to do!) and doing it ourselves would certainly cost less than paying an upholstery shop to do it! So ready to be past this particular part of the re-do!
Old 04-03-2015, 03:56 PM   #69

California
Registry
We ordered our hulliner from "Perfect Fit" on the web. We used the grey geometric, it's a shorter pile, there are other colors as well. We ordered 14 linear yards ( 13' Perris Pacer) and had some left over. We did not make a mistake while installing, if we had, it might have been close depending on the error. The "geometric" does have a slight grain, a front and a back as well. It wasn't that bad to install over the Reflectex, was actually a bit forgiving, it was a two person job.

As far as over budget, YUP!!!LOL
Old 04-03-2015, 03:59 PM   #70

Virginia
I think that "over budget" must be the standard for ANY type of renovation project! I'll check out the website. :-)
Old 04-03-2015, 04:02 PM   #71

California
Registry
finishing windows

Today I'm finishing the windows inside.
Just adding a little "pizzaz" with fringe. Hum, fringe looks brownish
in the picture, it's actually silvery.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1070.JPG   IMG_1072.JPG  

Old 04-03-2015, 04:12 PM   #72

California
Registry
Sharon, why not call Scamp? They are pretty nice there, you could ask them about how many linear yards of wall covering you'll need.
Old 04-03-2015, 04:16 PM   #73

Virginia
I did call Scamp a couple of weeks ago and they apparently quoted the amount in square yards, not linear, so it was probably double the amount! I think someone said it would be about 18 yards (and not the 36 I was quoted).
Old 04-03-2015, 04:29 PM   #74

California
Registry
That sounds about right (18 yds) for a 16'. Even if you ordered a couple of extra yards, the worst thing that could happen would be that you'd have a little extra.
Old 04-03-2015, 07:48 PM   #75

California
Registry
Let the good times roll!

A little more "pizzaz" to the windows.
It's 5 o'clock somewhere
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1073.JPG  
Old 04-05-2015, 06:52 PM   #76

California
Registry
Fantastic Fan

Installed Fantastic Fan this morning before Easter brunch
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1075.JPG  
Old 04-05-2015, 07:46 PM   #77

Virginia
NICE!! And I like your ceiling.
Old 04-05-2015, 09:27 PM   #78

California
Registry
Thanks Sharon

So glad we put in that fan, made all the difference in the egg.
Lucky for us, a good friend removed the fan from their brand new RV
and gave us the fan. It even has a remote control. LOL

I used a spray paint meant for plastics and spray painted the beauty ring, it
blended nicely with the tiles.
Old 04-13-2015, 03:11 PM   #79

Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratty3 View Post
That sounds about right (18 yds) for a 16'. Even if you ordered a couple of extra yards, the worst thing that could happen would be that you'd have a little extra.
The fabric arrived today and I need to figure out where I can store it until we're ready to start putting it up.

Since you recently did this, have to ask--what was the longest length of material that you put up at one time? I'm sure it's best not to have pieces and parts all over, but the thought of running long lengths of it is still pretty intimidating!
Old 04-13-2015, 04:30 PM   #80

California
Registry
Sharon, from the top of the benches to the center part of the ceiling. Since our egg is only 13', all of the walls have either a bench, cabinet etc....there are no lower open areas. (I recall that you have a 16') We would glue down about 1/4 to 1/3 length of the hulliner at one time, get that installed and then continue up the length of the hulliner applying the adhesive as we went along, we wanted as few seams as possible so we used the longest length as required. If we had to go from the base of the floor to the center of the ceiling, I'm sure we would have been able to do so. Just keep an eye on the fabric "grain" (if you have one) and also the front and back sides of the fabric.
Before you begin your project, make sure you have thought about the way you want your seams to be finished as well. It would be a shame to get the fabric installed and come up short on the seams.

Tags
perris pacer