Quick visit. Mainly to measure the hub faces on the axle
so I can get quotes for a replacement. I later removed the AC halogen light
fixture above the sink. Looking to update the lighting
Like mentioned in my last post, I'm looking at the cracks on the front and rear of the shell. It needs to be worked on and I'm thinking more now about working to remove the seam from the outside. I've seen a few pictures of others doing it and I like the seamless look.
Right now I got a plan started for replacing the frame. Slightly different than before but stronger at the same time.
When I measured the side rails at the coupler, I came up with 3/32" thickness. The cross members appear to be 1/8". I intend to use 1/8" thick material all around. 2x3 on the side rails and 1 1/4" square cross members then use angle iron tabs with holes drilled where the floor will bolt down on. The width of the frame is currently 49 1/2" and might narrow it to 49". The current hub face on the axle
is about 63 1/8" and I think I have the space to widen it to 65" giving an extra inch on either side. I intend to add electric brakes
on the next axle
The cross members on the above drawing are mostly in the same place as the current frame has them. The main changes will be the back rail is added which will be covered by a bumper, and the current rear cross-member will be moved forward a few inches (the one marked for 18"). The addition of a hitch receiver
will give me the options to use a cargo carrier and/or bicycle rack. I'm also thinking to use that as the way to carry the spare tire.
I expect these things will allow a good strong frame.
Finishing touches... I'm keeping in mind the need for extra support under the entry door. Also looking to add supports for drop-leg stabilizing jacks
has used in the past. My current frame has holes in the bumper for the jacks, but I'm thinking to place them on the frame sides like I saw from another trailer