We purchased this trailer back in the fall
and decided to renovate it in order to have 2 single beds for our teens. (Gauncho bed just was not a solution for a teen boy and girl)
The seller of this trailer was amazing and the condition of the trailer was great for the price. No regrets.
We knew the window seals needed replacing and that the door facade had been damaged from a previous owner to the seller but was kinda repaired to look fine.
We started by gutting the interior to paint
walls and upper cabinets. Changed the L shaped kitchen to be smaller and straight. Then came the re sealing of all vents... removal.. cleaning butal tape and putting it all back together. Some vent lids were changed to new due to the cracking of the plastic (age). Adding new led lights
and fixtures. As we changed the tires
to new trailer tires
and rims (Thanks Don!!) We then
discovered a hiccup. Frame needed repair. So that will be fixed in the next weeks to come. Then as we removed windows
to clean up the old butal tape we discovered that the door also was having water leakage issues. So now in search of a new (recycled) door. Window seals were ordered however the company claims shipping will be in 4 weeks. Floors will be done come next weekend. It has been a huge project and if it weren't for our eagerness to attend the Bolerama in July... we may have also had the whole thing repainted but are running out of time.
There has been many hours of elbow grease in this project. Can't wait til it is finished and ready for camping again.
Not many pics.... but a few to give you an idea. Please send us good vibes to not have any other mishaps and have this beauty finished by the time Bolerama comes around. Can't wait to be back in the rallie spirit again.