1988 Hydro Flame part needed... clicker button - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2022, 08:12 PM   #1

Name: Ellpea
Trailer: 1989 Lil Bigfoot
CA
1988 Hydro Flame part needed... clicker button

The Lil B has the Everest Star. There are four possible model numbers showing on the documentation, and I'm not sure which one we have... but can dig deeper if there's any hope out there. (FA-7920, FA7916, FA7912, or HF-8012)

The part I need is the little push button starter switch on the FRONT of the furnace houseing inside the trailer. The current one no longer has a spring, so there is some trick to getting the furnace to light.

When we had the trailer serviced 5 years ago the furnace worked great guns, but the switch did not... and it was around 26 degrees outside when we discovered this. We took the trailer back in and were told there was no longer a replacement part... the furnace did work, we just needed to... something with the switch.

Anyway, they are doing a search again, but I'm sure if they couldn't find one back then, they won't be able to find one now.

Maybe someone here has parted something out, or has a repair hack of some sort? Let me know!
Old 03-09-2022, 06:37 PM   #2

Name: Ellpea
Trailer: 1989 Lil Bigfoot
CA
Well, there haven’t been any suggestions here, but thought I would mention that RV repair fellows believe they have found a replacement part that can be made to work. Will update as things progress!
Old 03-09-2022, 10:01 PM   #3

Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, TV:Tacoma 3.5L 4door, SB
Colorado
I do not know anything about Hydro Flame and so I have no help there, but when it comes to a hack to fix the start clicker, I do have some experience.

My Scamp fridge would not start reliably and after a lot of trial and error I wired in a clicker that I bought as a replacement part. They can be found in hardware stores or RV stores. I wired it to where the original clicker was connected and duct taped it to the front bottom of the fridge, underneath the other controls. The original clicker and button are left in place, I did not bother to remove them. It looks like a hack if you look close, but it works! Good luck.
Paul O. is offline   Reply With Quote