has added or changed some features in their trailers for the 2020 models. I personally like a few of them. A short official review of the new model by Casita
can be viewed by watching their YouTube video. A link is provided below.
There were several modifications that I particularly like. A few may be appropriate for other makes and years of trailers as well.
1. A 7-pin receptacle for protection of the trailer cable when not connected to the towing vehicle. I love this addition. I am currently using a Zip Lock bag over the connector with a Velcro strap firmly holding the bag in place. This is particularly important when the trailer is not in use.
2. New shutter see-through window on the door. I like this as it allows one to see out the door or to shutter the window closed as needed. Great for seeing who is at the door before opening the door. I don't know if RV door windows
are a standard size, but if they are, I really like this one. I don't know how difficult these windows
are to replace.
3. New vent fan in the wet bath with a LED light
around the perimeter of the fan. Provides a brighter light
where you need it in the wet bath.
4. Fold down shelf located at the end of the kitchen cabinet providing additional food prep area. It does extend into the main dinette seating area when pulled up for use. I don't have the size, but it appears to be approximately 10 inches by 14 inches.
5. Coiled outdoor shower hose uses quick disconnect. The hose is now a coiled hose with what looks like a pneumatic air hose quick disconnect setup. The shower nozzle is also new and looks like a garden hose sprayer and not a cheap plastic shower head previously used. The advantage is being able to keep the hose from freezing in cold weather. The disadvantage is the shower hose is no longer stored in the outdoor shower compartment. The entire shower hose system appears to be better quality and more durable.
6. Digital key-pad door lock, which also includes the old key lock system.
Since many brands of trailers use many of the same components, I feel that items 1, 3, 4, and possibly 5 could be used or adapted to any FG trailer.
I am hoping to upgrade my 2019 with a few of these features. I sent a email to Casita
of ask which any of the options were available and for pricing. I received an email telling me they were temporarily shut down, so they were not able to provide pricing and availability.
Casita is currently closed until April 9th. An email from them stated that they "should" be back by April 9th.
I hope Casita lovers will find this information helpful.