2nd restoration on 76 Trillium 1300 - Complete - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2020, 04:20 PM   #21

Name: Jon
Trailer: Trillium
Wisconsin
More electrical questions Justin

Hi Justin - getting closer on my battery design, wiring. Could you tell me more detail about:

1) What type of monitoring/gauge device you have coming off of your battery - what brand is it and are you happy with it?

2) What is the item on the negative side of the battery (yellow item with the large nuts and what is that tie in to positive? It looks like the other stuff is just bus-bars?

Appreciate all the help - I'm getting there. I'll need to check the wire gauge for the 12 V charging wire coming from the vehicle but I don't believe it is near 10 gauge as you show on your diagram...any issue with that (I'm assuming it may take longer to charge the battery

Finally, I'm going with a 50 amp fuse instead of 100 amps for the battery system...can't imagine I'll be pulling that many amps...do you think this is a potential problem?

Thanks,

Jon
Jon in Wisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 06:47 AM   #22

Name: Jon
Trailer: Trillium
Wisconsin
Hello again Jpr (Justin) -

Could you send the details of what you used for your isolator (brand/type) and also the gauge you have for your battery (looks like you mounted it in between the two upper cabinets above the sink.

Once again, very nice job on your Trilly - my wife and I are excited to give ours its maiden run since restoring the week of August 3rd!

Thanks again for all the help!
Jon in Wisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium