Well...I have returned! Iíve been busy working on the camper of course and I have lots of catching up to do.
So after the last post came all new wiring and I mean everything! Including the addition of an exterior door light
, wiring for a fantastic fan as well as provision for some switches and USB plugs. Once that was completed I moved on to insulation, which was a 3/4Ē polyisocyanurate with a rating of R7. It worked well using a ridged foam since mostly everything in the thing is square lol.
That brings to cabinets, I chose to reuse the existing boxes and replace the skins with new 1/8Ē birch plywood (which is also what I used on the walls). The ceiling is 1/2Ē T&G pine which was used to add strength to the roof system. I nailed and glued each piece while the roof was braced inside and left it braced while the glue cured. Pretty sure I could almost stand up there now! This was the only area where I added weight
to the build...
Managed to remove the trailer info from the old door. Itís in rough shape but Iím going to re-apply it to back of the new cabinet door!
Installing the cabinets went fairly well, I remade the table, doors and counter tops out of 1/2Ē birch plywood which was actually lighter than the partial board used in the 70ís. Once the cabinets were in place I finished up the 12V system and the water system with some new parts. Mounted an AGM battery
inside with a fuse panel and a master switch. Iíve also got an on board charger to charge the system when connected to shore power (so far everything works except the fridge
wonít run on 12V...Iím working on it lol). Both taps, water tank and hoses were replaced and I added a battery
meter, USB plugs and a 12V plug.
Iíll add some more pics in the next post.