79 Trillium Jubilee reno - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-02-2015, 04:58 AM   #1

Name: Mike
Trailer: Trillium Jubilee
Nova Scotia
Registry
79 Trillium Jubilee reno

Started a bit or reno/update work on our 79 Trillium Jubilee. There had been something applied/removed on the front of it that left residue, can't say if it was old adhesive or actual gravel guard....here's a pic of what I started with....

anyway, some elbow grease with a 4" putty knife and 40grit standpaper removed it in about half an hour. Wiped it down with Varsol and sprayed on some beige rock guard...this is what I used. The Force must have been in my favor because it's the color I was looking for...and it was on sale at Canadian Tire!! Hope its good stuff, but if it flakes I'll use an a** breakin' black bed liner spray but only if I have to...

and this is how it turned out. Real nice! Used a can and a half (about 6 coats in half an hour)It has a nice 'rock guard' finish to it. Going back today to pick up a couple of more to have on hand -- the door looks a little ratty and you can paint over this stuff....

I did a new vent install (that's a silly MaxAir shroud the PO installed in the first photo. It's been removed) as well and the interior is being reno'd. I'll keep you posted.
farmboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 10:22 AM   #2

Name: Peter
Trailer: Trillium Jubilee 15'-0
British Columbia
I did a complete interior reno on our 80 Jubilee a couple of years ago. Some pics are posted under my 'Peatle' name that you can look at to see if any of my ideas might work for you. I'd be happy to answer questions if you have any.

Good luck with the reno ... it's very rewarding doing the thinking etc to try and optimize every bit of volume that's available !
peatle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 04:06 AM   #3

Name: Mike
Trailer: Trillium Jubilee
Nova Scotia
Registry
Here's the old vent that came off. It was the solid metal type. Made things dark inside. Time for a new one

And here are a few pics of the finished job

The biggest difference came on the inside. The light overexposed the shot but the garnish around the vent gave it fully finished look where the old one just butted against the end of the ceiling insulation and didn't look that great

more to come....
farmboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium