A Bunch of Modifications & Additions - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2012, 01:51 PM   #1

Name: Jon
Trailer: Escape 21C
New York
Registry
A Bunch of Modifications & Additions

For anyone interested, I've just about finished a bunch of additions & modifications on my Escape 17B. Here is a link to a page showing photos & descriptions...
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:08 PM   #2

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Nice work Jon,
I notice you have both the quick disconnect as well as the factory umbilical power cord. which are you using or are you using both? Also where did you mount the remote for the EMS? I had one in another trailer and now have the portable model. If you ever use a generator you will have to bypass the EMS as more genny's have an open ground.
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:34 PM   #3

New York
Registry
If you mean the cords between the trailer & the RAV4, one is the standard trailer cord & the other fir the rear view camera mounted on the trailer.

If you mean the AC power, the Marinco twist lock connector was an option with the trailer & the only one I'm using. The door spring has failed & I'm currently waiting for a replacement from Marinco.

The remote is mounted on the face of the bed platform. As to dealing with an inverter generator, I'll make up a plug with the neutral tied to ground & plug it into the other receptacle on the generator to solve the open ground problem (that isn't really an open ground, just the way most EMS units attempt to find one).
Old 03-16-2012, 02:45 PM   #4

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
I meant the ac power, there is a door that appears to be for a power cord and then th marinco set up, or is that your water hookup?
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:42 PM   #5

New York
Registry
The round door is the Marinco inlet & the square one is for the street water hookup & fresh water tank fill.
Old 03-17-2012, 05:46 AM   #6
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Hi Jon. Thanks for sharing. Good idea on the floor mat. Unlike the regular cushions, the interconnection eliminates movement. You can't slip between them. I have not heard of anyone who likes the run flat tires. And no place for a spare. Well, with the spare on the roof you'll look like you are headed on safari! Take care, Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote