ID
Go Team!
Pete in Idaho

RCpeterV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 06:30 AM   #103

Name: Vicki
Trailer: 2019 Scamp 13' with 2015 Nissan Frontier V6
Alabama
Your camper is a real head-turner! Looks great!
Vicki Hale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 08:25 PM   #104

Name: Ken
Trailer: UHaul
New Jersey
Pete,
You're a funny guy. The funnier thing is that I am not even in that team photo. And I was the one who orchestrated this whole mess!

Vicki,
Thanks for the compliment, it means a lot!
Transposure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 08:35 PM   #105

New Jersey
Well, at long last, it was time to drag the CT13 home...

Another look..

Hooked up from front..

At the tongue..

Overall shot..

Old 01-02-2020, 08:39 PM   #106

New Jersey
Right side window installed..

Inside view..

Left side window installed..

And its inside view..

The door window was next, but there was a small setback. The window fits perfectly, but, I overlooked the recess on the outside of the door. So, whereas the window is a perfect fit, there is more gap (in/out) than standard. So, Motion Windows proposed one of two options. 1. Use a rubber weatherstrip + butyl tape on the outside and a spacer on the inside with longer screws. It is an easy fix. 2. Fabricate a new window with a slightly smaller out-to-out flange dimension to fit in the recessed area. This is not typical due to the minimal flange overlap, but workable. I am probably going to go for the new window option with the smaller flange overlap. That means, this BRAND NEW Motion Window with interior clamp ring and screws is FOR SALE...at a discount. If anyone is interested, please reach out to me. I will happily discuss what Motion recommended to make the install go smoothly.

Old 01-03-2020, 01:09 AM   #107

Name: Pete
Trailer: Scamp 13
ID
Really like the side window recesses being black!
Old 01-04-2020, 04:37 PM   #108

New Jersey
Pete,
I agree. I thought about the black being gloss vs matte and I think the gloss was a good choice since it gives a more uniform reflection.
Old 01-15-2020, 10:58 PM   #109

New Jersey
So, I think I came up with a name for the camper.

Mars Rover

Pulled by the baby Range Rover.
Old 01-15-2020, 11:01 PM   #110

New Jersey
The last phase of the project has finally begun!! And the two long lead items are first, the mattress and the dinette cushions. I decided to do a dedicated inner spring mattress in the back, specially made by Magic Mattress in Pottstown, PA, and a convertible dinette, single bunk, in front. So, the front will use two dedicated outer seat cushions, two setback cushions and a removable center cushion. In dinette mode, the two seats will be in place with the table. In sleep mode, the table goes away and the center cushion goes in its place. I had to create templates for the cushions and for the mattress.

Driver's side..

Passenger side..

The whole gamut, trimmed, and laid out..

And of course, the mattress. I do have to finalize it tomorrow when it is light outside, but this is the rough shape..

Old 01-15-2020, 11:02 PM   #111

New Jersey
The front cushions will be a leather-like vinyl in Crimson color..

Old 01-16-2020, 12:04 AM   #112

ID
Like the color. Vinyl is east to wipe down. What are your thoughts on breathability.
Old 01-16-2020, 12:27 AM   #113

New Jersey
Hey Peter,
Well, In a nutshell, I basically don't want these things smelling down the road. My thought is that vinyl is pretty impervious and will not hold odors. If someone wants something warmer or less-vinyl-like, bring a blanket! LOL. In all seriousness, I am trying to mimic the feel inside an Airstream basecamp. Airstream uses a vinyl product called UltraLeather as far as I know. I looked at swatches of the UltraLeather and it is pretty thin. This brand/product felt a lot moe like leather and was thicker as well.
Old 01-16-2020, 04:33 AM   #114

Alabama
LOL, love the name!
Old 01-16-2020, 11:12 AM   #115

ID
Ken
The Caliber Spec Sheet says a lot. I was thinking more of the dinette seating on a warm day. That said, one would probably be outside ;o). Love the dinette configuration.
Old 01-17-2020, 05:54 PM   #116

New Jersey
Vicki,
Glad you like it! I am starting to think about some kind of vinyl logo/name for the sides. Any ideas?

Peter,
I am not too worried about the vinyl. It is durable. Whether it is warm or cold, I should be fine. I will say this though, I decided to go with a double foam layer instead of a single. The bottom 2.5" will be a 50-ILD (stiff density) and the top will be 1.5" of 35-ILD (soft density) for a total thickness of 4". My thinking is it wants to prevent bottoming out when you sit, but have enough softness so that it is comfortable for an adolescent to sleep on. Fingers crossed.
Old 01-17-2020, 06:29 PM   #117

Alabama
Using a font that looks like the old NASA logo (the one they called the worm) would look cool. Or using some elements of the current NASA logo, like the planet or red chevron behind the name could look good too! Fun! I wish I had come up with a cooler name for my Scamp. Her name is "Bean".
Old 01-17-2020, 06:33 PM   #118

New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicki Hale View Post
Using a font that looks like the old NASA logo (the one they called the worm) would look cool. Or using some elements of the current NASA logo, like the planet or red chevron behind the name could look good too! Fun! I wish I had come up with a cooler name for my Scamp. Her name is "Bean".
Cool ideas. I will make some trials.
Regarding Bean, they all kind look like beans!
Old 01-17-2020, 10:42 PM   #119

ID
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transposure View Post
Vicki,
Glad you like it! I am starting to think about some kind of vinyl logo/name for the sides. Any ideas?

Peter,
I am not too worried about the vinyl. It is durable. Whether it is warm or cold, I should be fine. I will say this though, I decided to go with a double foam layer instead of a single. The bottom 2.5" will be a 50-ILD (stiff density) and the top will be 1.5" of 35-ILD (soft density) for a total thickness of 4". My thinking is it wants to prevent bottoming out when you sit, but have enough softness so that it is comfortable for an adolescent to sleep on. Fingers crossed.
I like your thinking on the foam.
Old 01-21-2020, 10:39 PM   #120

New Jersey
Now that I am immersed in the interior fit-out, I have decided to add two cargo shelves in the rear of the camper. These are akin to those found in the Airstream Basecamp. To do it, I am following Eric Berube's lead and using a curved shower rod as the main support and I sourced a die-cut polypropylene pickup truck tailgate for the shelf. I have already cut the rods to the right length and have them ready to go. I will make a template of the shape for the shelf and then cut the polypro tailgate to fit. It will be riveted to the curved rods.

The rods will be painted with the intent to have them look like the ones in this picture (top left and top right)..