acorn nuts - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2012, 09:14 AM   #1

Name: Dave and Shelly
Trailer: 2001 Spirit Deluxe Casita "New Name: Eggspensive"
Iowa
acorn nuts

You know the nuts inside the casita that the rivets go into? Can we reuse those or do we need to buy new ones?
sfoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:55 AM   #2

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
Shelly

As long as they are not all rusted and rotted out,yes you can reuse them.
They are just a special nut that lets you avoid seeing the bolt poke through and of course protects you from a poking bolt too.
More important is getting a bolt the correct length so the nut can be tightened still.

Hope you are still having fun?

Ed
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:12 PM   #3

Iowa
Yep Ed! Loving it...

I has been pretty cold out and the stuff we need to do now is on the outside. Floor is done, it looks nice but i haven't been out to get a pic cuz the camper is full off vacums and tools. I spent 2 hours last sunday picking the rest of the stickers off. Got the new ones in the mail this week. Ordered new end caps. The right one they sent was correct but the left one was not so we are sending it and the actual cap off of our camper for them to use so they know the exact part we need. Will wait for nicer weather to get back to it, next week they are talking 50s and 60s so hopefully the antenna will get put on and the old hole patched. Plus i will be ordering new cushion covers next week for the side dinette. Will keep the old ones but these will go better with the other items i got for decorating. I am not a big blue fan so going with something a little more tannish. Anyway i am much poorer now but it has been a fun project.
Old 03-03-2012, 05:11 PM   #4

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
hey shelly---- i read the thread title "acorn nuts" and was hoping it might be something like beer nuts or mixed nuts or heck, even macadamia nuts.
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:23 PM   #5

Iowa
Maybe i should have posted under camp cook outs?