Allure Flooring repair - Scamp 13' - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2014, 07:16 PM   #1

Name: Shannon
Trailer: 2002 Scamp 13' Std, Honda CRV
Washington
Allure Flooring repair - Scamp 13'

Awesome Forum Folk,
Last September I pulled out the Scamp carpet and put in Allure Vinyl flooring – the original version with the glue strips; not the Ultimate with the locking edges. I posted about it here:http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f56/new-allure-flooring-scamp-13-a-61234.html
After a couple months, 3 of the vinyl boards began to come apart in the upstairs under the table area. I tried to re-adhere them a few times with the factory recommendation of a heat gun (hair dryer) and weights (boards and hand weights) but they just popped back up in a couple days. Roaming about various forums and the interwebs basically returned a mixed bag of suggestions: super glue; rubber cement; gorilla glue, etc. and there was also a mixed bag of what type of glue Allure actually uses. Home Depot (who distributes Allure) was not sure what they use either so I finally called the factory. The gal on the phone was very nice and sent me (no charge) 2 bottles (postage paid) of their Allure adhesive. Turns out – it’s super glue/crazy glue/loc-tite/etc: cyanoacrylate ester. You squeeze an 1/8th inch wide line down the middle of the edge strip and press it together with a roller, add some weight and presto – all fixed. (Tape off along the seam edge in case some glue oozes out) It’s been a month and things are still holding, thru some very hot days (low 90’s) and some nights down in the high 40’s. So it seems to work. Yay. Now ya know. And you don't have to call Allure.
Attached Thumbnails
Open Seams.jpg   Allure Glue 1.jpg  

Allure Glue 2.jpg   Trade Tools.jpg  

After.jpg  
Shannon Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 07:25 PM   #2
DBH

Name: Greg
Trailer: '76 Trillium
Ontario
Very good to know. Thank you!
DBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 07:16 AM   #3

Name: David
Trailer: 1998 Casita 17 SD
Alberta
Registry
I have been looking at the allure flooring for the Casita so this is good info.

BTW most hobby shops have a good selection of CA/crazy glues in different viscosities from super thin to very thick and also sell an accelerator or "kicker" but be careful of the kicker as it may cause white staining and heat and white smoke(cyanide) Use only in well ventilated areas
Dudley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 10:06 AM   #4

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
Did Allure refer you to their repair product?
Allure 75 ft. 2-Sided Tape for Allure Flooring-AL66700 at The Home Depot
stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 11:43 AM   #5

Name: Conrad
Trailer: Bigfoot 3000 & Barth "slide-in" truck camper
Connecticut
I like vinyl floors. I assume that is what you have. They are so much easier to clean. I bought a carpet for my floor and regret it. I have not used it once because it would just get in the way of cleaning up.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Night Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 09:45 PM   #6

Name: Shannon
Trailer: 2002 Scamp 13' Std, Honda CRV
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebaz View Post
Hi Steve,

No -- Home Depot did not mention the tape. Nor did the Allure rep on the phone. In the instructions that came with the flooring, there is mention of using tape if you have to pull out/replace a damaged floor plank, but it references using tape b/c you have to cut out a plank from the middle of the floor and then when replaced, tape it to the underlayment since there will be no tabs to glue back together.
Shannon Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp