Amazing what some paint and plastic can do - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-06-2015, 04:09 AM   #21

Name: Bea
Trailer: Scamp
Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilda View Post
Here's a photo of the Melamine decorative plate held with 3 drapery hooks. This baby's not going anywhere! The vintage wood postcards are held with hook and loop tape, AKA Velcro. By the way, I am not entirely satisfied with Gorilla Glue for gluing the hook and loop tape as it "bubbles up" and oozes through the tape leaving many of the hooks unusable. Maybe contact cement would be better. Both types of glue require "clamping".
Excellent idea Gilda - The drapery hooks look much stronger than the cubicle clips. I really like the look of the oven mitt on the door and the kitchen towel on the side! I am going to look up that group you belong to in Calif. - very nice of them to let you stay on their property. That is one product I don't mind buying while staying on their land: a nice bottle of wine to go with your wonderful camp stay there
Beak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 09:25 AM   #22

Name: Irene
Trailer: 1979 13' Boler
Alberta
Seam tape

Hi Beak!
Absolutely love the Color scheme and the faux metal. I was wondering what you used for the seams on the skin. It really looks great. I like the wider tape look. Is it 2 sided tape?
Thanks for your post
Gumby66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 03:59 PM   #23

Name: Jason
Trailer: 1984 16' Scamp
Colorado
Hi Beak, Interior looks great! Just wondering what you used to attach the faux metal to the fridge? Thanks!
YNP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 04:09 AM   #24

Florida
Registry
Thanks Jason, I'm sorry I didn't see your post until now.
In answer to your question: I just used silicone glue and lots of it because of the ridges. There is an slot all around the front of the fridge door, so I pushed the plastic sheet into the slot which gives it a finished look. As of now, it's still holding up fine.
Old 01-22-2016, 07:23 AM   #25

Name: Crystal
Trailer: 2008 Fun FinderX 160, wanted Eggcamper all electric
Michigan
Awesome job, love the blue
Old 01-23-2016, 06:01 AM   #26

Florida
Registry
Thank you Crystal - Stay warm and hope you are not snowed in
Old 01-23-2016, 06:14 AM   #27

Florida
Registry
Thanks Irene, not sure what you mean - I'm still a Newbie. The outside seams? Inside, the faux metal is just joined together as close as possible in the middle with silicone glue and the faux metal panel edges have a channel-type edge I purchased at Home Depot the same time I picked up the panels, which gives it a finished look.

Tags
paint