$#&^%!@# Dog holder - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2003, 04:53 PM   #41

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Good one.

Charlie, I think you have hit the nail on the head. And what a teenager he is. Glad he's not mine. (Or any other one for that matter). I finally took him home last week, because HE was listening about as well as the dog. Not mine-bye, bye. Peace has settled on my house once again. Life is good.

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 08:30 AM   #42

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Traveling with pets can be hard.

We've had a lot of different animals over the years; the most troublesome was a wonderful little black-and-tan terrier mix we got after she had been abandoned by her people when they shipped out to Germany. She was given to a home that had a German Shepherd and a Husky, both of whom terrorized her.

A few weeks after she came to live with us, a lot of her behavioral problems disappeard, but she was always a problem to travel with. She had very good car manners, laying quietly or sleeping - as long as she was in the middle of the front seat. She rarely disobeyed enough to escape from the car - until she got to be very old. Then she'd leap from the windows or scuttle out through a closing door and head for the hills - or just play 'catch me if you can!'

I would never have thought a 15-year-old arthritic dog could have that much energy!

Now, all our faithful dog friends have passed on, and we just adopted two kittens - night and day personalities. It's going to be interesting to see how we cope with two cats and two rats in a 14' Burro!

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote