Another boler frame off... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2009, 10:29 PM   #1

Trailer: 1977 Boler
Newbie from BC here working on cleaning up an egg for the summer vacation. One thing led to another and figured it was easier to fix it right the first time. 1972 fairly abused Boler that I picked up last month in need of some freshening up. After some rust repairs and a quick paint, it should be back on its frame tomorrow.
I read a number of posts regarding the bolts/screws that hold them together. I helped a neighbor with his late 80`s model, and found out the earlier ones sure have a lot more rusted, hard to get out screws!!
I have some engineered flooring to install, clean up and repair the cabinets, benches etc., rewire, replace the side windows and several other list items. Seems like everytime I view the other mods and alterations on this forum, the list gets longer.
Not sure if I will make the weekend in Fort Langley but will see how things progress and still need to get the tow vehicle, a 55 Chevy pickup, sorted out as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Boler_small_1.JPG   Boler_008_small.JPG  

55_Chevy_truck_001_small.JPG  
RogerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 04:34 AM   #2

Trailer: 1978 Boler 1700
Good start Roger. It will go back together faster than you think. I did it to my Trillium in Feb. Love the truck (gearhead here)...original V8 or 6 cyl truck?
Don N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:43 AM   #3

Quote:
Good start Roger. It will go back together faster than you think. I did it to my Trillium in Feb. Love the truck (gearhead here)...original V8 or 6 cyl truck?
Truck is fairly original besides the paint and still has it`s 6 cylinder 3 on the tree powertrain.
Roger
Old 04-09-2009, 09:55 AM   #4

Trailer: U-Haul CT13 ('Pearl')
Rodger,
How much did the shell weigh?
Pat B Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:23 PM   #5

Quote:
Rodger,
I am not sure as we used an automotive jack to lift with 4x4 beams for support.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:17 PM   #6

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
ROGER!!!
BRING THE TRUCK,
Bring The Truck,
bring the truck!
Come talk with the rest of us Eggers at the Fort (best time is Saturday).
I know of no fewer than 3 frame off Boler restos going on right now in M'Ridge.
I don't know IF any of them know of our board here, let alone the twice yearly GEM (Glass Egg Meet) at the Fort.
Attached Thumbnails
Copy_of_2009EggMap.jpg  
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:57 PM   #7

Quote:
ROGER!!!
BRING THE TRUCK,
Bring The Truck,
bring the truck!
Come talk with the rest of us Eggers at the Fort (best time is Saturday).
I know of no fewer than 3 frame off Boler restos going on right now in M'Ridge.
I don't know IF any of them know of our board here, let alone the twice yearly GEM (Glass Egg Meet) at the Fort.
Mated the frame with the body this evening with a fellow Boler owner who will be there that weekend and the person I was going to share a site with. Either way we will be there dragging a project or not.
Roger
Old 04-10-2009, 09:03 AM   #8

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Lookin forward to meeting ya....
Attached Images

Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:43 PM   #9

Quote:
Rodger,
I had 3 neighbors and myself do the lifting and a 4th slid the frame in place. It was an easy lift so suspect it does not weigh too much.
Old 04-22-2009, 03:58 PM   #10

Windows are finally in after 2 days of fiberglassing the corners and sanding to contour. Corners will get color when I paint the rest of the body. On to the benches, closet, kitchen and overhead cabinet in order to make the Fort.
Attached Thumbnails
Boler_window_small.JPG   Boler_window_small.1.JPG  

Old 04-22-2009, 04:09 PM   #11

Some pictures of the frame after sandblasting, paint and welding the new battery box holder. Also replaced the lino with engineered flooring.
Attached Thumbnails
Boler_floor_small.JPG   Boler_frame_small_1.JPG  

Old 04-22-2009, 07:25 PM   #12

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Looking good!
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:30 PM   #13

Trailer: Boler 1984
Things are looking good.
Did you beef that pretty frame up any?
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 09:43 AM   #14

Quote:
Things are looking good.
Did you beef that pretty frame up any?
No real need to as it was in good shape with no cracks. I added some metal to the lower floor perimeter as it had rusted through. Also added an "A" frame coupler as mine was bent.
Attached Thumbnails
Boler_A_frame_coupler.JPG  
Old 06-14-2009, 03:18 PM   #15

Still plugging away and have made lots of progress over the spring but unfortunately never made the Fort with the trailer.
I installed a stainless steel countertop with a Smev sink/cook top combo, new engineered flooring, repainted the benches, closet etc, retaped the seams, installed a power converter, 110 GFI outlet inside and one outside by the door.
I decided not to use a range hood and instead mounted 3 flush pot lights under the cabinet along with a 12 volt rv unit from Princess Auto plus 2 more either side of the closet. Rewired the running lights and 110/12 volt circuits. Installed a new faucet assy, plumbed for water and gas so the kitchen is now up and running. Modified the cooktop for electronic lighter thanks to previous posts on this forum.
I just have some interior trimming to complete and a 12 volt water pump to work out/install before the end of the month. I ordered a Shademaker awning this morning and need to make a upper bunk to complete the inside. Hope to clean up the outside and paint early July.
Attached Thumbnails
Boler_sink_1.JPG   Boler_lights1.JPG  

Old 06-14-2009, 06:36 PM   #16

A couple more interior pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Boler_interior2.JPG   Boler_interior_small_JPG..JPG  

Old 06-16-2009, 08:33 PM   #17

Very nice reno Robert. Looks real good. Just curious if you had trouble with the handle on the tongue jack interferring with the battery box? Look pretty close together to me.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:55 PM   #18

Quote:
Very nice reno Robert. Looks real good. Just curious if you had trouble with the handle on the tongue jack interferring with the battery box? Look pretty close together to me.
No problem what so ever with clearance.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:18 PM   #19

Really like the cook top Roger. Found one on ebay from Aery Corp, Model # Mo911 for $135. U.S. Is this the one you used and which igniter did you add to it? You buy it from there or is there a supplier in Canada? Presume any faucet will work. My Boler had a larger stove with oven installed in it but I am thinking I would like this unit and put a micro wave in where the oven sat.
Thanks..Don
Old 06-16-2009, 09:59 PM   #20

Quote:
Really like the cook top Roger. Found one on ebay from Aery Corp, Model # Mo911 for $135. U.S. Is this the one you used and which igniter did you add to it? You buy it from there or is there a supplier in Canada? Presume any faucet will work. My Boler had a larger stove with oven installed in it but I am thinking I would like this unit and put a micro wave in where the oven sat.
Thanks..Don
I bought it on eBay from the Aery corp but it was an auction he occasionaly has for $81.00. I think the one for $135 has the igniter installed. Very slow to ship and no communication from seller so be prepared for this if you buy. Really nice unit and gives me a foot of extra counterspace at the table end plus space between the unit and back splash. The ignitor is from Walmart, $15.00 , and installed it fairly easily. Faucet was on sale last week at Canadian Tire. The only challenge was the stainless countertop as it is tough to drill and cut.

Tags
boler