Anyone here with light blue interior?? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2019, 10:30 AM   #1

Name: Trevor
Trailer: Casita
Maryland
Anyone here with light blue interior??

So I've neglected my '90 Casita this past year and looking into it, found mold on some of the wall fabric. The wife and I have decided to, instead of cleaning, gut the fabric and replace. I just recently purchased a light blue fabric, which she is worried may be too dark, and upon looking at it more, she may be right...

It initially had the light beige, but does anyone have pics of a light blue interior of their travel trailer? I'd love to get a feel before getting halfway through the project and realizing it's not what we want.

Thanks for the help!!
amphiduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 09:25 PM   #2

Name: Steve
Trailer: 1979 Boler1700
Maple Ridge, B.C.
Registry
The walls don't look like it but they are very light blue. If you think your paint is too dark then buy a can of the same paint in white and dilute mix in a little of the blue. Use a piece of cardboard and paint it and take it in the trailer to see its true hue. Click image for larger version

Name:	20180824_173254.jpeg
Views:	17
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	128762Click image for larger version

Name:	20180824_174348.jpeg
Views:	20
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	128763
ststefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 11:32 AM   #3

Name: Jann
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by amphiduck View Post
So I've neglected my '90 Casita this past year and looking into it, found mold on some of the wall fabric. The wife and I have decided to, instead of cleaning, gut the fabric and replace. I just recently purchased a light blue fabric, which she is worried may be too dark, and upon looking at it more, she may be right...

It initially had the light beige, but does anyone have pics of a light blue interior of their travel trailer? I'd love to get a feel before getting halfway through the project and realizing it's not what we want.

Thanks for the help!!
Take the cloth and hang some of it on the wall with tape or something just to get the idea. Every trailer setup is different and the lighting is different. Look at it in the daytime and with lights on at night. What is light to one person may be dark to another. Pictures just don't do the job. The main thing is-why is there mold on the walls? Why did it get wet? Make sure of the wet source before fixing the walls.
Jann Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 11:53 AM   #4

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
Jann Todd sure has that right! Dry it out and seal it before worrying about the interior color.

Other advice above is good, too.

Our walls are "pickled" paneling, that is, rubbed with white stain, and our accessories are all light blue except for the dividing "curtains" made out of tropical fish towels (with light blue highlights). It's quite soothing in there. Eventually when the walls are bunged up enough, we plan to paint the paneling white, keeping the light blue ambience.

BEST
Kai

Too right, pictures can only go so far for such subtle colorings.
Old 04-08-2019, 09:30 PM   #5

Name: Trevor
Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jann Todd View Post
Take the cloth and hang some of it on the wall with tape or something just to get the idea. Every trailer setup is different and the lighting is different. Look at it in the daytime and with lights on at night. What is light to one person may be dark to another. Pictures just don't do the job. The main thing is-why is there mold on the walls? Why did it get wet? Make sure of the wet source before fixing the walls.
Thanks for all the help everyone! I was looking at the windows and realized the previous installer had put the windows in upside down to where the weep holes were on the top side, so instead of draining, the water would pool and eventually seep in. Very frustrating, but have corrected the windows and caulked all around. Hopefully the water is done.
amphiduck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light