Avion slider roof construction? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-27-2011, 10:14 AM   #1

Name: Steve
Trailer: Avion 5th wheel 35-M model
California
Avion slider roof construction?

Have an Avion 35-m the slider roof has popped. Have a 1/4 to 3/8 inch space in between the interior roof and divider. This causes the roof to scrape when opening and shutting. ANY idea's as to the construction of the roof? Need to pull the roof down back to it's original position.
Steve
sboyle_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 06:41 PM   #2

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
I don't know if anyone here has ever owned an Avion. Avions are not fiberglass "egg" trailers like what most of the members here own. I suspect there is an Avion owners' forum someplace on the web, though. Hope you find out what you need to know.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 06:54 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Avion is listed on the home page, but I can't find anything in the archives that might help. I'll keep looking and post back if I find something.... but I think in Steve's case it's not a molded trailer but a conventional stick built trailer because he's listed it as a 35' 5th wheel (?)

Steve, if what I stated is correct, you may have much better luck posting at a forum of like-minded people like IRV2.com or Open Road Forums at RV.net

On edit: I did find a 1966 Avion in the Albums!
http://album.fiberglassrv.com/galler...g2_itemId=2079

Best of luck
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 09:50 PM   #4

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Oops, my mistake! I was thinking of the aluminum-body Avion trailers. I stand corrected.

[edit]- Um, maybe I was half right to start with... a google search of Avion 35M pulls up a 35 foot Fleetwood product from the '90s. it appears to be a fiberglass gelcoat stick-built trailer. Hmm, I wonder if there was any manufacturer-relationship between the vintage Avion eggs (which I had forgotten about) and the later Avion stickie trailers? Or maybe Fleetwood simply bought the rights to the name or something?
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:39 AM   #5

Name: Steve
Trailer: Avion 5th wheel 35-M model
California
Avion

Avion 5th wheel has a fiberglass exterior with a foam core approximately 2" thick.
What I'm trying to find out is what is the inner roof layer made up of? I'm hoping to find some one who has worked on one to give me some ideas before I cut into it.
Thanks
sboyle_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:45 AM   #6

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Quote:
Originally Posted by sboyle_us View Post
I'm hoping to find some one who has worked on one to give me some ideas before I cut into it.
Good luck with that. I hope you turn up something on another website. Sometimes you just have to forge ahead on your own.