Awning - A&E systems Catalina 2500 by Dometic - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2021, 11:05 AM   #1

Name: Michael
Trailer: Mallard
NE
Awning - A&E systems Catalina 2500 by Dometic

Does anyone know if I can even get replacement parts for my awning anymore? My assembly arm broke and I need to replace it. I dont Really want to have to purchase a new one.
MallardRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 10:19 AM   #2

Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: 1978 Earlton Ontario boler
Ontario
Registry
Awning parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MallardRV View Post
Does anyone know if I can even get replacement parts for my awning anymore?
My assembly arm broke and I need to replace it. I don't Really want to have to purchase a new one.
Do not know if you have curved arms on a Mallard, our arms are curved. But this info should work even with strait arms.

If you do not need curved arms on a Mallard you have more options for fixing your trailer. Complete unit can cost less then fixing vintage setup. Some have gone to trailer factories and saved money.

They make the button on arms replacement kit it includes the rivets needed for repairs. The roller and awning can be replaced as well. Have also done that on our 1978 boler.
Got 3 button assembly's so I have a spare when needed.

Awning - our model is the older - A&E systems 2000 by Dometic can get details on awning replacement.

Had to remove the arm caps from new roller awning assembly and install the caps from old awning assembly. The newer pin is larger, made hole in our old caps match the size, fitting tight like original pin and installed old caps onto the new roller assembly. Also our old unit rolled over cloth going up and new unit rolled under, so had to add a new track for new awning above the brackets.

Your unit is newer and may roll same as replacement and not need track installed for awning replacement. Remember that with strait arms may workout better to replace whole unit on your Mallard.

Vintage Airstreams used same curved arms as bolers. Curved arms are expensive hope you can repair yours. The newer arms are lighter and you would need a pair. If you can not fix yours and you may need to switch roller and cloth due to pin being bigger as well.

Others have had work done at Trailer manufacturing places see other resent notes on awnings. This site.

Hope this helps

Stay well and play safe
Old 09-16-2021, 10:54 AM   #3

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
[QUOTE=Borden;825622]Do not know if you have a boler,

His profile says Mallard.

Michael; We have a Catalina 2500 awning on our '96 Casita. The arms are all straight. We would also like to know the source of parts if we need any in the future. Someone said to try All Seasons RV Parts and Service in Elkhart Indiana. Another possibility might be Panther RV. Post what you find.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 11:09 AM   #4

Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: 1978 Earlton Ontario boler
Ontario
Registry
[QUOTE=mary and bob;825629]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borden View Post
Do not know if you have a boler,

His profile says Mallard.

Michael; We have a Catalina 2500 awning on our '96 Casita. The arms are all straight. We would also like to know the source of parts if we need any in the future. Someone said to try All Seasons RV Parts and Service in Elkhart Indiana. Another possibility might be Panther RV. Post what you find.
Was typing and editing as went along lol. your are a better source. Should you ever need a roller with awning know that one.
Old 09-16-2021, 04:28 PM   #5

Name: Michael
Trailer: Mallard
NE
Awning Arm Assembly Needing Replaced

This is my awning arm assembly I need replaced. See attached pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Resized_20210908_173525.jpeg   Resized_20210908_173531.jpg  

Resized_20210908_173538.jpg  
MallardRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 05:09 PM   #6

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Michael; that looks like what I would call the "leg", sets on the ground or in a bracket on the trailer. When the awning is closed it holds the cover down. Good luck in your search, I don't have any other ideas at this time. Please post if you find a parts source.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning