Awning fabric - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2020, 09:27 PM   #1

Name: Annalise
Trailer: Scamp
Lake Worth
Awning fabric

Hello, everyone! I want to make an awning for my 13 ft Scamp. What size awning do you recommend and how many yards of fabric should I buy?
annalisewellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 11:07 PM   #2

Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Registry
First, it would help to know what kind of setup do you have, (if any,) in the way of mounting an awning? Do you have a Keder rail? Do you have any kind of awning rail at all? Some pictures would help to give you appropriate answers to your question.
FWIW, I removed the Fiamma factory installed crank-out awning, which I personally hated, and installed a section of Keder rail slide-in awning channel and ordered an awning from Marti's' Awnings, who I highly recommend. She will make it from whatever material you select, and to whatever size and configuration you desire. Very reasonable and well made. I would suggest the "Sunbrella" fabric as a good choice. Here's the one I bought from her. A simple "Rope & Pole" awning. Stuffs into a bag, (that comes with it,) when it's not set up, and probably weighs less than 5 pounds. Only need a few collapsible aluminum tent poles available at any sporting goods store and a few tensioning cords to set it up.

Marti's Vintage Trailer Awnings

Here's mine:
Attached Thumbnails
20190428_201304_001.jpg   20190430_124553.jpg  

Keder Rail2.JPG  
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 01:55 PM   #3

Lake Worth
Thank you!

I do not have a set-up yet, but I am looking into a vinyl awning rail from Sailrite. However, the photos you sent me look great, so I am going to check out the person you used. Thank you!
Old 03-28-2020, 01:56 PM   #4

Lake Worth
Btw...

What are the dimensions for your awning? It's perfect size!
Old 03-29-2020, 08:55 AM   #5

Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Mine is 7'6" wide, (as it runs in the Keder rail channel,) and goes out 9' from the side of the trailer. I had mine made at 7'6" wide, because that is the length of my Keder rail. Whatever you find that works for you lengthwise is what you should order. She'll build it to whatever dimensions you want.
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning