Awning Options - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2013, 01:59 PM   #21

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...e-58473-2.html

This older thread will tell you as much or more than you want to know about recent dining canopy/tarp lashups.

jack
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 04:43 PM   #22

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve and Rosemary View Post
Derek, your setup looks really nice, especially given that you don't have anything up there when the awning is down. Just to confirm, do you have anything going over the top of the trailer and down to the street side or are the two bungies on the ends enough? Also, how do you store the setup when not in use?

Thanks, Im overall happy with it. Nothing is perfect(heavy rain/winds are always going to be a problem) The 2 heavy duty bungie cords(the black thick rubber ones that you see truck drivers using) angled back towards the street side of the trailer hold it in place real nice. When I pack up I have a 6' bag the poles go into that I tie onto the tongue of Serenity up against the propane tanks and the awning, stakes, ropes, etc are folded up nicely and sit in the trunk on the back of her. I also added a strip of fabric on the underside of the awning that I need to add gromets to so I can add a privacy curtain like Gages.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 11:30 PM   #23

Trailer: 89 Scamp 16 ft
Registry
Thanks, Jack! I'll take a look.

Deryk, am I reading right -- is yours named Serenity too?! Thanks for the awning ideas, they're very helpful.
Old 10-13-2013, 11:57 PM   #24

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
yup...fond of the word and the ship

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:05 AM   #25

Trailer: 89 Scamp 16 ft
Registry
That's right, we've had this discussion! Shiny!
Old 10-14-2013, 01:08 AM   #26

Name: Gage
Trailer: 13' Burro
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve and Rosemary View Post
Gage, I love your set up and we decided to go with Martin if we end up getting that type of awning. How difficult do the side panels make it to set up? Can you set it up without them? Thanks for sharing the picture.
No trouble at all. The side panels are separate from the awning. The awning has lopes sawn in and the panels have hooks that match up. So you can either hang the panels or leave them in the bag. It only takes a couple of minutes for two people to put it up, like any other rope awning. Oh and the two side panels zip together with a heavy duty plastic zipper.
gage is offline   Reply With Quote