B 17 CB bed mod now "done and complete".... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2014, 12:00 PM   #1

Name: Francois
Trailer: Bigfoot
British Columbia
Registry
B 17 CB bed mod now "done and complete"....

after a few tweaks.... like adding keepers to the aluminium angle piece so the table can't move off it...the bed is now super stable...and strong (I can go for a walk up there, no problem)

I used a layout from the Bigfoot site to produce a sketch....it's close to my 97 model... I turned my bathroom door upside down so it swings the other way, like in the layout from BF (click on the sketch to read/see the details)

I removed the center divider in the overhead...the bedding (sleeping bag on bottom, two sheets and comforter on top) gets rolled up in a bundle and stuffed up there during the day

VERY spacious and VERY comfortable...."better half" approved even!!! .....LOL.....cheers
Attached Thumbnails
bedmod.jpg   adonej.jpg  

bedsto3.jpg   bedsto1b.jpg  

Franswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 01:37 PM   #2

Name: Carl
Trailer: 1994 Scamp 16
Arkansas
Franswa,
Thanks for posting the pictures! Your camper looks great! If you enjoy your camper, so much the better! That is the most important thing! Who cares what someone else may think?
Keep on improving!
Carl
Nut501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:46 PM   #3

Name: Robin
Trailer: Boler 13'
Ontario
It looks like your bed is facing lengthwise in the trailer. Is that correct? If so, I'd like to know how you have it supported. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
robinholtpeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 09:33 PM   #4

Name: Linda
Trailer: Burro 13'. 1982
Montana
How did you support the old space that your table used to fill in? If your cushions slid forward, what keeps them from falling into the open space?

Lfoxmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 12:23 AM   #5

British Columbia
Registry
more bed details...

yeah we sleep length wise as opposed to across the trailer...our heads are at the very back of the trailer...

it's sorta like sleeping in a V-berth on a boat except you enter and exit from the narrow end...this "narrow" end is 34" wide for a foot (bathroom wall) then it's 40" wide (fridge / kitchen drawers) the last/top of the bed is six feet wide

I still have the option of using the sofa bed as normal if I'm by myself....but I doubt I will.....I think I'm "spoiled" now.....

click on the pictures for more comments I added....

Cheers, F
Attached Thumbnails
adonehb.jpg   adoneib.jpg  

adonej.jpg   brewa1d.jpg  

Old 07-08-2014, 12:41 AM   #6

British Columbia
Registry
sorry for the confusion...

the details with the first picture were sort of confused (wrong wording at the beginning).....this'll make more sense...hopefully
Attached Thumbnails
adonehc.jpg  
Old 07-09-2014, 02:19 PM   #7

British Columbia
Registry
the best picture yet...

rear sofa deployed, the table with nothing on it... showing all three "interfaces"...click for larger view
Attached Thumbnails
vvv.jpg  
Old 07-09-2014, 04:42 PM   #8

Montana
So if you decide to use the bed the old way, you lay the table between the cushions on the edges, right? That's the spot I'm talking about. If you remove the table and move it somewhere else, do you have another support piece that crosses the area that the table used to fill? Or maybe our units are totally different and you don't need a support piece to support the cushions? I would either have to drop the table down so I could lay across the camper (the regular way).....or.........if I put my table sideways to extend the bed area so I could sleep back to front, I would still have to put something to support the cushions since the table wouldn't be there........

Hope this makes sense!

Old 07-09-2014, 04:51 PM   #9

Montana
Ok, I looked very carefully and I think I confused myself. Your sleeping area IS different than mine. My table becomes part of my bed area.....yours does not.

Old 07-09-2014, 11:11 PM   #10

British Columbia
Registry
yeah...

in this trailer... the dinette (forward) converts to a bed using the table

the rear sofa converts to a bed all on its own...

my "big bed" uses the deployed rear sofa AND the table....so when the big bed is set up there is no table forward....

phew!
Attached Thumbnails
vvvv.jpg  
Old 07-10-2014, 05:04 PM   #11

Montana
I like it. Now I have to figure out what to use as the foot board piece and where to store it when I'm not sleeping.

Tags
bigfoot