B17CB....furnace....(just because it's so quiet around here;)) - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Maintenance | Restoration | Modifications | Problem Solving > Modifications, Alterations and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-24-2014, 11:22 PM   #1

Name: Francois
Trailer: Bigfoot
British Columbia
Registry
B17CB....furnace....(just because it's so quiet around here;))

the under fridge area had a 4" and a 2" heat duct laying on the floor and crossing one over the other....totally useless space

I decided to dig into the situation.....taking the floor of the closet out (to expose the furnace) I found that the propane line access hole (through the floor) had never been sealed.....the floor was BLACK from a dozen or so years of road grime making it's way into the space

I took the three heat ducts off the furnace, cleaned up the floor. I sealed the hole from the outside....then I rerouted the heat ducts so they would be out of the way as much as possible and reconnected them.

extra space.....always a "good thing"....
Attached Thumbnails
furnace.jpg   furnace2.jpg  

furnace3.jpg  
Franswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 10:16 AM   #2

British Columbia
Registry
the end result....

the coach tool box finds a permanent home...
Attached Thumbnails
furnace5.jpg   furnace6.jpg  

Old 06-03-2014, 06:51 PM   #3

Name: Conrad
Trailer: Bigfoot 3000 & Barth "slide-in" truck camper
Connecticut
Nice. I have been trying to find a place to put two water filters. I have a similar space to this I was thinking of using.
Night Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 10:28 PM   #4

British Columbia
Registry
yep, Nightsailor.....

every cubic foot in a space as small as ours has to "earn it's keep".....my underfridge space looked like they laid the ducts down and THEN installed the plumbing....makes no sense but that's the way it looked....it was pretty easy to reroute the ducts above the floor and around/over the pipes....

hey, speaking of fridges...mine is driving me nuts....goes on "check" all the time on AC or gas..and who ever uses the DC anyway? (the alternator in my TV can't keep up to the fridge so it's never used in that mode) ...sure wish I could get rid of the all-automatic 3-way control thing and just had a couple of switches (ac/gas) to operate the fridge....wouldn't even mind if I had to light the gas manually....Ever heard of anybody doing anything like that???
Attached Thumbnails
bedsto1.jpg   bedsto3.jpg  

adonekb.jpg   adoneeec.jpg  

Tags
bigfoot, furnace