B17CB rear baggage door.... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2017, 12:37 PM   #1

Name: Francois
Trailer: Bigfoot
British Columbia
Registry
B17CB rear baggage door....

the CB model has a rear sofa with storage under accessed by 2 interior doors at floor level and one exterior baggage door. A couple of years ago I made two drawers that correspond with the interior doors so that the space left over, accessed by the baggage door, is roughly 18x28".

The baggage door is less than ideal because the awning support arm blocks its opening. Awning stowed for travel, the bottom clip has to be disengaged to open the door. Awning deployed the door can be open a crack...but the rear portion of the awning has to be lowered for the door to swing out fully (first picture).

I used to keep firewood in there (two campfires worth) but this was less than ideal. I know carry firewood in a tote in the back of the TV.

I decided to make some sort of container to make the space more usable (any and all items stored in there loose would just move around and get tangled up into a mess). The ends are 3/4" material, the rest is 1/4" plywood (always thinking about weight!) there is a removable center (ish) divider...the divider blocks are screwed and glued to the 1/4" ply, they make the thin ply rigid halfway along. Cleats fastened to the floor inside locate the thing in the campartment and keep it in one spot (there is still room in there for the machete I like to carry and a small axe). A short piece of electrical tape on the inside of the support rail serves as a guide to how far to lower the awning arm to allow the baggage door to fully swing open.

All that worked out well...but what was I going to use the thing for, I wondered??? then it hit me: "firewood" ???.....a cordless RECIP SAW !!!!
now THAT will come in handy I bet....a second divider with a cut-out in it keeps the saw tight/secure in the drawer.

Anybody want to buy a used swede saw? I got one for sale......LOL

Happy trails all.....
Attached Thumbnails
rearst1.jpg   rearst2.jpg  

rearst3.jpg   rearst4.jpg  

Franswa is offline   Reply With Quote