Beachcomber Front and Rear Window Seal - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-05-2021, 04:05 PM   #1

Name: Mark
Trailer: 77 Beachcomber
Hilton Beach
Beachcomber Front and Rear Window Seal

I am scoping out the window refurbishment for my 77 Beachcomber and I have a question. The plexi sits in an extruded aluminum frame and i think it should be held in place by a rubber seal strip of some sort. On my unit, a previous well intentioned owner appears to have removed and discarded the rubber seal and replaced it with great gobs of silicone sealant. Very ugly!
Would anyone have a lead on a replacement rubber seal ?
The Cac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 05:50 PM   #2

Name: Aaron
Trailer: Beachcomber
BC
I am also searching for these. Although my search went somewhat cold. I've found a distributor in California called "Vintage trailer gaskets" part no. 0114A516. I was mailed this sample and it looks like it will work but they have not answered me back. With all the CoVid issues lately I've left it alone as I am in Canada and shipping costs will be significant. I will wait until I can cross the line again.
ysreeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 10:20 PM   #3

Name: Bob
Trailer: Boler 1300
British Columbia
Registry
Hi Aaron. I ordered up a bunch of gaskets for my boler from Vintage Trailer Gaskets in March I think and the shipping cost to Vancouver Island was not excessive with USPS shipping. Robert was great to deal with and delivery was pretty speedy as well.
bobdobqb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 01:07 PM   #4

Name: Jonathon
Alberta
I have the testers for fit and just threw out the 100' rolls.

Gents, I think I still have the sample pack for fit of the inserts for the windows. I just threw out the 100' rolls. I only need 20' of each. You will need 2 sizes/styles. the front/rear use a larger deeper insert than the side ones. You two should split the rolls if you can. (logistics might suck, but less waist).

CRL Glazing Gaskets

https://www.dkhardware.com/glazing-v...uct-17571.html

I had to order sample pack from DK Hardware in the US to know which size. I can't remember which ones now. If I still have this I can sell for cheaper than they do.
sully1582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 09:59 AM   #5

Name: Jen
Nova Scotia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysreeps View Post
I am also searching for these. Although my search went somewhat cold. I've found a distributor in California called "Vintage trailer gaskets" part no. 0114A516. I was mailed this sample and it looks like it will work but they have not answered me back. With all the CoVid issues lately I've left it alone as I am in Canada and shipping costs will be significant. I will wait until I can cross the line again.
Hi ysreeps! Did you ever get a response from that distributor or figure out if the sample you recieved was the right type?

Thanks.
Jen W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 11:07 AM   #6

Name: Aaron
BC
Hi Jen, they never did get back. It kind of fell down a few notches in the priority list. I'll have to contact them.soon as camping season is upon us.
ysreeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 02:53 PM   #7

Hilton Beach
Solution to Front and Rear Window Seal

Hi Jen et al,
Here is the product i came up with to solve the.prob. it is from CRLaurence. I cant remember what it is called. It is basically a strip of rubber 1-1/2 " wide by a a number of different thicknesses from 1/32 and up in 1/64 increments. Basically you would wrap the edge of the plexi then press it into the aluminum channel. Corrext thickness depends on width of channel and thickness of plexi. Once plexi is fully inserted, simply trim excess rubber with utility knife.
I havent done mine yet but i plan to lube the rubber with dish soap in order to press it in more easily.
Not sure if pick uploaded or not.

[/QUOTE]
Old 04-08-2021, 03:55 PM   #8

Name: Jen
Nova Scotia
Thanks for that. No, don't see the pic there. If you remember the name for it that would be great. :-)
Jen W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 09:10 AM   #9

Hilton Beach
Window Seal Strip

Sorry Jen, I just cant seem to figure out how to post a pic on this site. Anyway, the product is called "CRL Sealstrip Rubber Glass Setting Tape". It can be found at
https://www.crlaurence.com/crlapps/s...7&ModelID=1679

It comes in various thicknesses. My local supplier was kind enough to give me a small sample of each size to that i could do some trials.
CRLaurence products are sold by many on-line vendors or your local glass shop.
Mark

Tags
beachcomber